Got to meet and hang out with Mark Day last night!

Thomas-Hawk

Power User
Well, since it's 1:23AM CDT, make that Wednesday night. :)

Just got back from a business trip to Canada, and while I was there got a chance to go visit with Mark. Very cool guy, he allowed me to invade his studio and talk shop for a few hours, and showed me his setup. He even let me play several of his guitars, including the infamous Suhr modern that we all see in his videos. :)

Mark, thanks again for your hospitality. I had a great time visiting!

Oh, and... for anyone who wants to know... Mark's tone in person is flat out AWESOME. His OD100 SE+ running thru the CAA 2x12 cabinet was unbelievable. And... when he ran the Axe-Fx thru the SLA200 into the same cabinet... still unbelievable. So, anyone who says the SLA200 sounds sterile... uhh... not in Mark's rig it doesn't. :D

Well, since it's 1:23AM CDT, make that Wednesday night. :)

Just got back from a business trip to Canada, and while I was there got a chance to go visit with Mark. Very cool guy, he allowed me to invade his studio and talk shop for a few hours, and showed me his setup. He even let me play several of his guitars, including the infamous Suhr modern that we all see in his videos. :)

Mark, thanks again for your hospitality. I had a great time visiting!

Oh, and... for anyone who wants to know... Mark's tone in person is flat out AWESOME. His OD100 SE+ running thru the CAA 2x12 cabinet was unbelievable. And... when he ran the Axe-Fx thru the SLA200 into the same cabinet... still unbelievable. So, anyone who says the SLA200 sounds sterile... uhh... not in Mark's rig it doesn't. :D

It was my pleasure to have you hang out Tom!!! It was great watching your look of shock when you heard what was coming out of that CAA 2x12" when we fired up each rig :)

It's a lot of fum for me to meet you guys in person :) There is always an open invite for any forum brothers to come to the studio or my home to chat and check stuff out.

My only regret is that Tom didn't get to try the best pizza in North America while watching an episode of the Trailer Park Boys!

Roger, I never even thought to take out the camera...DUH!!

If you guys can't visit Canada, perhaps if everything works out for me, I should be living in the North Hollywood, CA area SOON! Come and visit there!

Mark

Yeah, I didn't think about taking any pics, or anything. DUH. :eek:ops

Note to self: Google "Trailer Park Boys" today. ;)

Mark, good luck with the California thing! I'd love to come visit you there... weather will be SO much nicer. :)

If you guys can't visit Canada, perhaps if everything works out for me, I should be living in the North Hollywood, CA area SOON! Come and visit there!

Mark

Really... Thats cool. Why are you moving down here did you land a gig or have you just had enough of the great white north?

Really... Thats cool. Why are you moving down here did you land a gig or have you just had enough of the great white north?

Two really awesome music related job offers!! I have had enough of the Canadian winters for a VERY long time :)

Mark

nice one Mark, glad to see your efforts are being rewarded :)

If i came to visit my Suhr Modern GAS would go from overdrive into meltdown!!!

Two really awesome music related job offers!! I have had enough of the Canadian winters for a VERY long time :)

Mark

Well if it happens welcome to the So Cal life bro... Oh hey, don't forget your earthquake kit and supplies your going to need them :lol.

Last edited:
nice one Mark, glad to see your efforts are being rewarded :)

If i came to visit my Suhr Modern GAS would go from overdrive into meltdown!!!

I've been trying to get Immigration for a year now, spent thousands of dollars and I've had many upsets along the way. I'm hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel soon..lol.

If you play my Suhr, I think you just might like it :)

Mark

Well if it happens welcome to the So Cal life bro... Oh hey, don't forget your earthquake kit and supplies your going to need them :lol.

I've lived through many Canadian blizzards, ice storms, power outages, mosquitos and blackflies the size of geese. Just last week we lost power just long enough (27 hours) to ruin everything in the freezer and fridge.
I have also survived, something way worse than earthquakes......Canadian Taxation...lol.

I'm ready to try out your crappy weather..lol
Mark

try grey skies for 9 months of the year, UK taxation, petrol at £1.45 a litre!!!!!, and guitars costing twice the price they do in the US!!!!

:D

<--- jealous!

I live in California, and would definitely love to come visit your shop if the immigration works out. A good friend of mine married a Canadian citizen, and her immigration was a nightmare, so I can totally understand your frustration. I'm hoping it all works out for you Mark, and that all us California Axers can have a big get-together to welcome you here and show you around. Lots of cool things to see and do here :)

Back
Top Bottom