Got to meet and hang out with Mark Day last night!

Wow, thats a switch! Someone who is heading FOR California. Here in Texas I'm meeting all kinds of folks who just LEFT California!

Too bad your not coming from Mexico. No papers needed! Immigration problems..........whats that?

I've been trying to get Immigration for a year now, spent thousands of dollars and I've had many upsets along the way. I'm hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel soon..lol.
Mark,
Dang, I empathize. When I moved here (long boring story) back in '83, it was on a student visa (Canadian passport - another long boring story). Eventually got married to a "yankee" (down here - Texas - that's someone who was born north of the Mason-Dixon line, not a derogatory term for Americans.. you can Google it) and went thru the immigration process to obtain a green card, and subsequently.. citizenship. Yes, my kids fully believe that I'm an alien!
During the citizenship ceremony at the Federal Courthouse, they file you into a courtroom by country.. alphabetically and when asked, you tell the judge where you came from and why you are becoming a US Citizen.. I was 2nd in line, IIRC first was a guy from Albania. I said "Canada", and the judge asked me why I needed US Citizenship as he thought the border was already porous enough, and the onbly thing I got out of being a citizen was the right to vote! How do you answer that ?

For anyone that has NOT gone thru the immigration process in the USA, it is a long, drawn out, arduous, expensive and incredibly frustrating process - and that's if you are successful.
Best wishes with that endeavor Mark!

Last edited:
Mark,
Dang, I empathize. When I moved here (long boring story) back in '83, it was on a student visa (Canadian passport - another long boring story). Eventually got married to a "yankee" (down here - Texas - that's someone who was born north of the Mason-Dixon line, not a derogatory term for Americans.. you can Google it) and went thru the immigration process to obtain a green card, and subsequently.. citizenship. Yes, my kids fully believe that I'm an alien!
During the citizenship ceremony at the Federal Courthouse, they file you into a courtroom by country.. alphabetically and when asked, tell the judge where you came from. I was 2nd in line, IIRC first was a guy from Albania. I said "Canada", and the judge asked me why I needed US Citizenship as he thought the border was already porous enough! How do you answer that ?

For anyone that has NOT gone thru the immigration process in the USA, it is a long, drawn out, arduous, expensive and incredibly frustrating process - and that's if you are successful.
Best wishes with that endeavor Mark!

I am just trying to get a work visa for the moment. So far 1 bad lawyer, $4000 and a failed attempt. Lawyer # 3 now. I went to check things out in February and I was interegated like a common criminal because of my first denial. It's been interesting, with more interesting coming I'm sure.

I live literally 5 minutes from the NY State border. I used to cross all the time to shop, play music (with proper Visa), etc, etc. Now I get hassled everytime because my passport is flagged as a "flight risk"...do everything by the book and get punished..lol

I'm a guy that has worked hard all his life, no criminal record, with not one but two jobs waiting for me, that are designed for me and they will be only offered to me, yet I'm a threat somehow. We have the same thing going on in Canada. If you are a criminal refugee come on in and get grants and free university, etc. If you are here to work then get out we don't want you. Ah the government, what a bunch of brainiacs :(

Mark

Last edited:
Well, seems like there are quite a few Socal Axers here. Maybe we can have some sort of a meet/ "welcome to socal" when it happens.

I'm a guy that has worked hard all his life, no criminal record, with not one but two jobs waiting for me, that are designed for me and they will be only offered to me, yet I'm a threat somehow. We have the same thing going on in Canada. If you are a criminal refugee come on in and get grants and free university, etc. If you are here to work then get out we don't want you. Ah the government, what a bunch of brainiacs :(

As much as I'd LOVE to have you as a productive member of our country ..., and now that you have a full grasp of the situation ( here in the USA ) ..., are you sure you still want to come ?!?

As much as I'd LOVE to have you as a productive member of our country ..., and now that you have a full grasp of the situation ( here in the USA ) ..., are you sure you still want to come ?!?

I want to be where the action is....always have. Life is short. There are some really cool music opportunities that I want to be part of.

Mark

I want to be where the action is....always have. Life is short. There are some really cool music opportunities that I want to be part of.

Mark

As long as you understand the bad ..., along with the good ! Then hold your nose and jump in ..., the water's fine !

And I know I'm still a little early, but WELCOME Aboard ....

That's what she said.

ON
Mark, I wish you best for your immigration process and see you here soon!

Hey Mark, don't forget to carry a few extra beaver pelts and wooden nickels for the trading outposts:) Hope it all works out for you...my wife and I just visited California a month ago and loved it there...we thought it would be awesome to escape these dreadful 8 month long winters!!! enough already. Glad to see you'll be representin' Cheers man.

I am just trying to get a work visa for the moment.

...do everything by the book and get punished..lol
OH Do I understand ~!@ ... someone once said "Nice guys finish last!" and despite my belief to the contrary, things like your experience continue to reinforce the statement. Best of luck Mark!

K eh! so when yur like down there eh, in Hollywood r whadever fancy place eh, don furget where yas come frum eh, cuz wur gonna miss ya up here eh! n if ya don need yur touque n'y more, ye can send it ta me up da 417 a bit eh, n' I'll wear it when I'm playin my AxefxUltra ... ... eh!

oh and the whole mouse in a beer bottle to get you a free case of beer won't work down there either eh...ya hosers:)

Back
Top Bottom