Gift of Tone #23 - ALEX LIFESON

Mouse over Alex's picture on the main site or tap on it if you're on a mobile device at the main Gift of Tone page
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I just did a spit take. I had read about it, but didnā€™t get a chance to pursue it until now. Alex is great. Being in Rush must have been a complete ā€œcrack upā€ most the time.

Also, I forgot to mention and thank Rich Chycki who has been a big part of our Rush + Fractal Audio world (and Dream Theater). He and I chatted not long ago about possibly doing a special project.
PLEEEEEEASE a full on Amp and IR bundle preset to complement this will be AWESOME with some insight of when he used his Hiwatts and his Marshall Club & Country 4140!

Two times I have imported the blocks to my library and saved them but they are no longer in my library when I shut down my fm9 and exit fm9 edit only to be opened up and played again. What am I doing wrong?

The gift of tone series has been amazing, but this is just the ultimate! Thanks Fractal, the musicians and everyone involved in making this happen!

Two times I have imported the blocks to my library and saved them but they are no longer in my library when I shut down my fm9 and exit fm9 edit only to be opened up and played again. What am I doing wrong?
Make sure you're copying the blocks as shown in the first example of the Block Library Tips video located under STEVE VAI on the Gift of Tone page.

If you close and re-open the editor just after copying the files, no need to refresh. If you copy the files in the right folders with the editor open, then yes, you need to refresh the library

BIG, BIG Rush fan here. That's the band I'll forever regret to never have seen live, the band that introduced me to progressive music, starting with Moving Pictures, that I still have on vinyl.
Here's a very young and skinny me incorrectly covering Tom Sawyer (+ a Troy Stetina solo for the ending), back in 1988...

Make sure you're copying the blocks as shown in the first example of the Block Library Tips video located under STEVE VAI on the Gift of Tone page.
This worked thank you. The problem I am experiencing now is all the delays are making my output delayed in producing the sound. So when I pluck a string, the sound isn't instant. Is it intentionally like this?

Love all the great blocks from Alex thank you so much Fractal and Alex- What would be the Holy Grail from him is his Piezo acoustic sound he has dialed- His les paul sounds more like an acoustic than an acoustic does

I need help with recreating Leon Todd's - Alex Lifeson's crunch sound starting at 51 Seconds.

I am using a FM9 w firmware 4 and my tone is very clean sounding, not crunch. Not sure what I am missing. I have downloaded the LT cabs, and configured the Highpower Jumped amps as per Leon's video. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom