Gift of Tone #23 - ALEX LIFESON

I need help with recreating Leon Todd's - Alex Lifeson's crunch sound starting at 51 Seconds.

I am using a FM9 w firmware 4 and my tone is very clean sounding, not crunch. Not sure what I am missing. I have downloaded the LT cabs, and configured the Highpower Jumped amps as per Leon's video. Any suggestions?

Lower output pickups?

I made this same patch by following along. Now months later it is crazy shrill and bright sounding - it’s unusable for me now. Gotta revisit it!

I need help with recreating Leon Todd's - Alex Lifeson's crunch sound starting at 51 Seconds.

I am using a FM9 w firmware 4 and my tone is very clean sounding, not crunch. Not sure what I am missing. I have downloaded the LT cabs, and configured the Highpower Jumped amps as per Leon's video. Any suggestions?

Try turn the amp input boost on - neutral, 6-12db of gain

Try turn the amp input boost on - neutral, 6-12db of gain
Is this what you have setup in the video @2112 ? We don't see the other tabs of the amp block - so for all the crunch and cleanish sounds, is the input boost on for all of it? (Looks like in Red Barchetta you are using the coil split on PRS to get a more cleanish sound?)

Back
Top Bottom