Getting same volumes on several presets

I have several presets that I want to use live but a few of them are loader than the others.

I want to balance them so that they are on the same volume level.

What is the best way to do this over several presets?

This video is for the AxeFX, but the procedure is the same for the AX8

To get to the VU meters from the main screen, press SHIFT+PAGE

The VU meters are only available on the unit.

They'll probably still need some adjustment at gig level depending on the patch, but it's a great way of getting close super quick.

Is there any other way - using 3rd party software? I remember watching a Fremen video in YouTube where he was levelling patches and scenes using a DAW

Is doing that necessarily better?

I'm guessing it all depends on the types of tones you're matching at the frequencies they contain....as in some just cut through easier. I always have to dial my clean scenes back, as although the same on the VU meters they're often much louder than overdriven sounds

The upside of doing it in a daw is that you can get a better VU meter. Preferably one that is a little larger, maybe a tad slower, and where you can read the numbers. Also, there is the comfort that you can keep your AX8 at the floor and yourself in the chair while working, so ergonomics is a lot better :)

Im a noob went through every single factory preset this weekend and levelled them all....the bad is it took Hours as so many sounded so good Id catch myself jamming..... the good is I learned how many great sounds are in this thing 'out of the box!'

Thx for the links!

I make all my presets max out at around -12db using the Vu meter as has been suggested by the guys on this forum.

Result = soundmen love me.

The upside of doing it in a daw is that you can get a better VU meter. Preferably one that is a little larger, maybe a tad slower, and where you can read the numbers. Also, there is the comfort that you can keep your AX8 at the floor and yourself in the chair while working, so ergonomics is a lot better :)

Which one do you use?

I use reaper with the Waves VU Meter. It was free, when it was introduced.

I mostly used the built-in one though, although it hurts my neck a little.

Nice thing about the AX8’s built-in VU meter: when you pull it up, it stays there, even if you’re navigating all over the place in AX8-Edit.

Back
Top Bottom