FX8 V5.03 Public Beta

This looks awesome! Can't wait for the full version to come out before updating. Thanks cliff and the rest of the fractal team!

Going on almost 2 months with this beta (I still haven't installed). I would just do it, but Eduard's post below makes me a little nervous. Anyone else doing OK with this beta with the FX8 mk 1 ?

Eduad - If you're still watching this thread, did you get your issue resolved? If so, was it related to the beta or an isolated hardware issue?

Raised a support ticket. I upgraded from 5.02 to 5.03 on saturdayevening and played around with a complex preset of mine where I connected 7 modifiers to my external pedal so it could 'morph' smoothly from Chorus to cleanfunk to rythm to a LEad sound with just moving the volume pedal. In 5.02 this caused cracks and plops when I moved my pedal. After upgrading to 5.0.3 it seemed fixed (see releasenotes modifier bug) but then on Sunday I played with this preset again and suddenly I couldnt get out of the preset. So I restarted the unit. Then I got into factory/utility mode where I could not get out of. The power on hold setup thing did not work and Fractal bot gives an error. So I now need to send it to g66.eu so they can have a look.

Going on almost 2 months with this beta (I still haven't installed). I would just do it, but Eduard's post below makes me a little nervous. Anyone else doing OK with this beta with the FX8 mk 1 ?

Eduad - If you're still watching this thread, did you get your issue resolved? If so, was it related to the beta or an isolated hardware issue?
I've been running the beta since it came out. Zero issues.

Not sure how the gentleman got into maintenance mode. It's not easy to get there accidentally.

G66.eu fixed my hanging fx8 mk1 by replacing the 5.0.3 with the 5.0.2. And because it was not the official release I had to pay for the transport. So no more beta releases for me!

And honestly, I am thinking if it was a stable release it would have been official already! What's taking so long?

Dang. That is not cool.

I did install the beta, and it seems to be working fine. But after seeing your story, I think it's the last beta for me. I wish the official release would come out.

Back
Top Bottom