FX8 V5.03 Released!

J

joe rogers

The long awaited release of the FX8 V5.03 is here! There are versions for both the FX8 Original and Mark II. So, please ensure you are downloading the correct one for your unit. As always, we recommend that you read the release notes and back up your FX8 with Fractal-Bot before proceeding with the upgrade of your unit.

FX8 Original V5.03
FX8 Mark II V5.03

Release Notes:

FX8 V5.03 is a minor enhancement release incorporating the Axe-FX Quantum V7.01, V7.02, and V8.02 changes.

Additions:
  • Added Input Diffusion to Multitap block Band Delay, Quad Series, Plex Delay, Plex Detune and Plex Shift types.
  • Added two new “Optical” types to Compressor block. The Optical 1 type is based on classic optical tube compressors famed for their smooth sound. Use before the Amp block to smooth out your licks and increase sustain. Use after the Amp block for instant “Hit Record” sound. The Optical 2 type is similar to Optical 1 but uses a true RMS detector.
  • Added Input Level switch to Pedal and Optical types in Compressor block. Use “Instrument” when compressor is placed before Amp. Use “Line” when compressor is placed in the amp’s effect loop.
  • Added “Shimmer Drive” type to Drive block.
  • Improved CPU performance 1% to 3% depending on the preset. (As always, your mileage may vary)
Fixes:
  • Fixed Optical and Pedal compressors output level dependent upon Ratio parameter of Studio type. If using these types in existing presets the presets should be auditioned to ensure the volume is correct.
  • Fixed switching between Optical compressor types can cause brief level drop.
  • Removed the Dry Delay parameter from the Flanger as it has never been functional in the FX8.
  • Fixed a bug in the Delay that caused audio problems when attaching a controller to the Diffusion parameter.

The long awaited release of the FX8 V5.03 is here! There are versions for both the FX8 Original and Mark II. So, please ensure you are downloading the correct one for your unit. As always, we recommend that you read the release notes and back up your FX8 with Fractal-Bot before proceeding with the upgrade of your unit.

FX8 Original V5.03
FX8 Mark II V5.03

Release Notes:

FX8 V5.03 is a minor enhancement release incorporating the Axe-FX Quantum V7.01, V7.02, and V8.02 changes.

Additions:
  • Added Input Diffusion to Multitap block Band Delay, Quad Series, Plex Delay, Plex Detune and Plex Shift types.
  • Added two new “Optical” types to Compressor block. The Optical 1 type is based on classic optical tube compressors famed for their smooth sound. Use before the Amp block to smooth out your licks and increase sustain. Use after the Amp block for instant “Hit Record” sound. The Optical 2 type is similar to Optical 1 but uses a true RMS detector.
  • Added Input Level switch to Pedal and Optical types in Compressor block. Use “Instrument” when compressor is placed before Amp. Use “Line” when compressor is placed in the amp’s effect loop.
  • Improved CPU performance 1% to 3% depending on the preset. (As always, your mileage may vary)
Fixes:
  • Fixed Optical and Pedal compressors output level dependent upon Ratio parameter of Studio type. If using these types in existing presets the presets should be auditioned to ensure the volume is correct.
  • Removed the Dry Delay parameter from the Flanger as it has never been functional in the FX8.
  • Fixed a bug in the Delay that caused audio problems when attaching a controller to the Diffusion parameter.
Gracias Joe. , et.al..

Yes, CPU reduction is a wonderful thing.

For those of you who never played with the beta, Input Diffusion is a real sweetener.

Hey Joe.....from planet Fractopi!!!!

I'm downloading this new FX8 update & I can't "Thank you" & your team enough for it!!!!

The FX8 is an amazing piece of technology & I'm lucky to have found it....& Fractal Audio!

Peace & Happy 4th of July to you & your family!

X

FX8 Original V5.03
FX8 Mark II V5.03

Release Notes:

Additions:
Fixes:

Does the FX8 have an amp block now?. Bullet point 2 has this "Use before the Amp block to smooth out your licks and increase sustain. "

??? I use spillover on my fx8 for my delays and it sound fantastic live.
Thanks to the team for keeping the original version updated!

What I mean by real spillover is when changing from preset to preset. I have a Kemper and when switching from preset to preset no matter what effects(not just delays) or amps are in the chain the switch to the new preset is smooth with the old preset sound trailing over the new one. I don't have to keep the same delay on the new preset for the spillover to work like you have to do on the fx8. Look into it, you'll see what I mean and what you are missing. I love the quality of the fx8 effects but technology is advancing and fractal is falling behind. I like using big pad sounds with lots of reverbs, delays etc...and with the cpu limit I have to use presets, so when switching, lets say to a clean preset all the effects are cut because I have different reveb and delay on the new preset. Do to this reason my fx8 has become a very expensive midi controller for my Kemper. Sometimes I use the fx8 for wah and volume that's it. By the way the new Delays on the Kemper are just unbelievable, is like having an Eventide H9 in the delay block.

Just a note: I am not a Kemper guy of Fractal. I am for whoever has the best technology available.

Happy fourth, and update is fantastic. All we need is a amp, and a couple of ehx c9, b9, hog2, melo9 sounds. Than u can really call it a day. Unparalleled if that happens. Is there a reverb hold function?

#lovemyfx8#

Back
Top Bottom