Fw18... news?

The sound that we associate with JP's tone is based off of what we hear on youtube and on mp3's (or CD's, or vinyl, whatever). So we wouldn't know any better if the tone we match to an MP3 is any different than the real thing anyway. I understand your point - a tone match is all relative to what the 'reference' tone is.

I appreciate playing devil's advocate, but I think this is stupid.

Mr. Petrucci is going to lend us one.

The only thing better than having a legit G3 IIC+ model in the AFX is having a legit G3 model of one of JP's Personal IIC+'s in the AFX. Major win. This is why you guys have fanatically loyal customers.

Unbelievable , John Petrucci's personal Mk II+ will be modeled for us , I am proud to be an AxeFx user ;):);)

You forgot the second half of the equation. (...exactJP IIC+ tone) - talent - fingers - neural system - experience = still sounds like you or me.

yes yes, I actually typed that but deleted it because I didn't want to get into the discussion. you also forgot the FRFR you're using, the room youre sitting in, etc. as well. it never stops.

The point is, modeling JP's EXACT IIC+ is the closest any of us will ever get to JP's tone. Are you guys really so dense that you can't understand what I'm trying to say? Or does everyone just like playing devil's advocate in order to puff out their chest and show their 'vast knowledge'. Use some common sense :)

yes yes, I actually typed that but deleted it because I didn't want to get into the discussion. you also forgot the FRFR you're using, the room youre sitting in, etc. as well. it never stops.

The point is, modeling JP's EXACT IIC+ is the closest any of us will ever get to JP's tone. Are you guys really so dense that you can't understand what I'm trying to say? Or does everyone just like playing devil's advocate in order to puff out their chest and show their 'vast knowledge'. Use some common sense :)

if i had any common sense I wouldn't have tried to make a living with my guitar for 40 years!

I would have been a bit bummed if Cliff wasn't able to get ahold of a IIc+ that sounded as good or better than the one already in the Axe, as I understand they can vary a lot. But if its one of Petrucci's IIc+'s, I guess that won't be an issue. if anyone knows the IIc+ its him, and I can't see him buying one that doesn't sound great.

Hopefully he sends one of his favorites.

Back
Top Bottom