FW 11 Jumpered Plexi Video - VH's I'm The One

The Jumpered Plexi has two Drive controls: Normal and Treble, just like the two Volume controls on a real jumpered Plexi.

Awesome! I've been wanting this option on the Plexi model ever since there was a Plexi model. :)

Smokin' version of one of the hardest VH tunes to nail, IMO. I've never been able to get close enough for my satisfaction.. even more so these days with not having enough time to practice. That tune just swings like no other.. nice job Adam. Stoked to get a jumpered plexi...

/me sheds a tear
THAT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME ADAM!!

I've been playing along with that tune for years and have never even come close!! Heh
I just throw my own solos in the right spots, and grin like hell when I play.

Thanks for posting your vid and description of preset building.
I appreciate your talents and contributions bro.
Nice work

Wow! That was some incredible playing! I really should just give up, but can you post the patch along with the Back Track when this comes out? That was seriously great.

Wow! That was some incredible playing! I really should just give up, but can you post the patch along with the Back Track when this comes out? That was seriously great.

The specifics are in the OP. I tried them and it's really as simple as that.

Very nice Adam and killer tone. Hope we'll be able to jumper the Hi-Watt too for some closer Gilmour recipes.

Great playing Adam, I learned the whole album when it came out at age 15 and you pretty much aced it! :eagerness:

Until getting the AF2 I really never came anywhere near close to the tone of VH or Dimebag or Metallica, Lynch... So cool to get updates and download presets that are seriously on the money as far as Tone goes.

I read in a Guitar Player mag years ago that EVH had his phase 90 modded by Jose who added a boost circuit and removed noise so EVH used his phaser as a boost but he described also the phase shifter wasn't mixed in his rig 50/50 but leaning more towards the dry ~ I'm guessing 33%. Also a local pedal board maker told me Bob Bradshaw designed a touring rig for EVH and said that he ran his Phaser parallel as opposed to series using summing amps? Lots of info but that is part of the mystique of Edwards tones. :encouragement:

When I saw him in concert with my son in NJ 2007 he threw a wedge at the sound man.

The place went nuts

Classic

Not to hack this thread, and I love EVH's style but couldn't resist.....it can be even worse:

Back to topic: great sound and great chops!

Last edited:
Those '07 recordings of Edward are when he was stoned & drunk out of his mind........He played his ass off on this latest tour!

Haven't had a chance to check this thread all day with all the stuff going on at work (that's good news for you guys)...

Thanks for all the kind words about the video. It's always fun when dialing in great tone inspires you to practice more.

I forgot the Phase 90 on this clip...I had it all dialed in nicely also so I was bummed...

Regarding the "signature jumpered plexi tone" I would agree with the "it all depends how you dial it in" side of the fence. Here's the exact same amp model just with settings dialed in for more of a Bonamassa kind of thing. The cab is the same (1960 TV 4x12) but I dialed in more of the 121 mic for a warmer fatter sound. Clam city near the end of this clip but I was really digging the tone so what the hell...

Lossless version here...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1uzqxzpea8b1dp/Jumpered Plexi Bonamassa thing.wav

Back
Top Bottom