FW 11 Jumpered Plexi Video - VH's I'm The One

I wondered since the AC power supply was modeled in 10.x, would the virtual Variax finally make sense now?

You mean variac

That would be a game changer in my book!

Tone of the Guitar Gods

Butler Tube Driver -> tape delay set to an ambient echo -> Jumpered Vintage Plexi (v2 to V4) > 4 x12

Marshall plugged into Variac (110VAC)!

[Edit] I wonder if you can simulate by dropping the B+ setting in the amp sim?

Does B+ in amp sim work the same way as in a real amp?

Somebody once told me that 90-100 VAC setting is the same as taking the B+ in the amp down by 100v

Last edited:
This is a question for EVH fans.

Did EVH channel Jumper (external) his Marshall amps or did he daisy chain them?

Also internal jumper modding is quite different than external channel jumping. Some mod I have heard about involve jumping channels and adding resisters at pins 2 and 7 at V1.

The tone in video I would not associate with a channel jumper. Typically when you jumper external channels on a vintage Marshall you get a fatter tone with less high end bite (Joe B/Eric Johnson). Tone is different than internal jumpering.

Just curious.

It's just how you dial it Laz. You do what you want, Adam does what he wants, I do what I want. That's the key. There's no 'one sound' a jumpered Plexi does. You know that.

It's just how you dial it Laz. You do what you want, Adam does what he wants, I do what I want. That's the key. There's no 'one sound' a jumpered Plexi does. You know that.

I'm assuming there is something unique to jumpering in regards to the model or why add a jumpered model at all?

In the same way, the way the amp is jumpered, external, internal, chained, would be unique and could definitely be something that would need to be modeled vs. just turn down the treble, for a naïve example.

I'm assuming there is something unique to jumpering in regards to the model or why add a jumpered model at all?

In the same way, the way the amp is jumpered, external, internal, chained, would be unique and could definitely be something that would need to be modeled vs. just turn down the treble, for a naïve example.

It's a model of Cliff's classic 50 watt Plexi 4 hole input jumpered across the channels; it is how I ran my Germino's and thousands (millions?) of Plexi's are jumpered across time and the globe. You set the gain by balancing the normal and treble channels and that's pretty much it.

Here's a pic of my Germino's; millions of 4-holers are done this exact same way. One channel just drives the other.

Of course you can dial it any way you want --

However there is a traditional tone associated with jumpered amps (Marshall/Bassman/tweeds etc) ..... and you of all people should know that!

The tone in the video is not the sound traditionally associated with jumpered vintage plexi amps.

Again you should know that.

Not saying it does not sound good or it is wrong.

However, if you want that daisy chained sizzling Marshall sound there are amps that capture that tone more effectively.

Just saying.

It's a model of Cliff's classic 50 watt Plexi 4 hole input jumpered across the channels; it is how I ran my Germino's and thousands (millions?) of Plexi's are jumpered across time and the globe. You set the gain by balancing the normal and treble channels and that's pretty much it.

Here's a pic of my Germino's; millions of 4-holers are done this exact same way. One channel just drives the other.

Yeah I had a jumpered 100w Marshall brain somewhere along the journey.

My point was more there are different flavors of it... we've got external jumpered soon :)

Reactions: LVC
[Edit] I wonder if you can simulate by dropping the B+ setting in the amp sim?

Does B+ in amp sim work the same way as in a real amp?

Somebody once told me that 90-100 VAC setting is the same as taking the B+ in the amp down by 100v

Yes, B+ & Bias too ....

Somewhere around here, I've got some numbers from Mark Abrahamian ..., I'll have to see if I can find them ?

Of course you can dial it any way you want --

However there is a traditional tone associated with jumpered amps (Marshall/Bassman/tweeds etc) ..... and you of all people should know that!

The tone in the video is not the sound traditionally associated with jumpered vintage plexi amps.

Again you should know that.

Not saying it does not sound good or it is wrong.

However, if you want that daisy chained sizzling Marshall sound there are amps that capture that tone more effectively.

Just saying.

Yeah I had a jumpered 100w Marshall brain somewhere along the journey.

My point was more there are different flavors of it... we've got external jumpered soon :)

Since Laz will debate with me no matter what I say or how diplomatically I try to be with him - thanks for saying the same thing. It's how you dial it Laz. It's not one thing. It's how YOU make it. This isn't a homogenization type of thing. If you want to dial it your way, then dial it your way. I'll dial it my way, Adam dialed it his way. Different folks = different approaches/uses/preferences = different flavors. Third time I've stated the same thing. There's no 'one sound' to a jumpered Plexi or the jumpered 50 watt example in the Axe-FX II which I've used and you have not, yet you seem to want to tell me and everyone else what it is or is not.

Last edited:
Since Laz will debate with me no matter what I say or how diplomatically I try to be with him - thanks for saying the same thing. It's how you dial it Laz. It's not one thing. It's how YOU make it. This isn't a homogenization type of thing. If you want to dial it your way, then dial it your way. I'll dial it my way, Adam dialed it his way. Different folks = different approaches/uses/preferences = different flavors. Third time I've stated the same thing. There's no 'one sound' to a jumpered Plexi or the jumpered 50 watt example in the Axe-FX II which I've used and you have not, yet you seem to want to tell me and everyone else what it is or is not.

Some amp mods cannot be dialed in because they require the model to be changed. That's my only point. Apologies for derailing a very positive message from Adam!!!!

Back
Top Bottom