french native speaker for two short sentences needed! Be part of a radio play!

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
Hi.

I'm looking for a native speaker to record two very short sentences in french.
You will be part of a radio play I'm currently working on, the sequel to "Zeitreisende Surfer" (Timetraveling Surfers).
It's a very small part, but you'll have the honour to be the only french speaking character, and of course you'll get full credits and a couple of CDs as a thank you.

It's a 120min radio play, that will get airtime here in germany and will be sold by live 'readings' of the play and over amazon.
Zeitreisende Surfer - Termine (website is only in german)

pm me please, I'll let you know the details.

thanks!

Don

Hi.

I'm looking for a native speaker to record two very short sentences in french.
You will be part of a radio play I'm currently working on, the sequel to "Zeitreisende Surfer" (Timetraveling Surfers).
It's a very small part, but you'll have the honour to be the only french speaking character, and of course you'll get full credits and a couple of CDs as a thank you.

It's a 120min radio play, that will get airtime here in germany and will be sold by live 'readings' of the play and over amazon.
Zeitreisende Surfer - Termine (website is only in german)

pm me please, I'll let you know the details.

thanks!

Don

I'm French but not native, what can I do for you ? Gruss aus Montauban, c'est quoi ce bordel ?

I'm French but not native, what can I do for you ? Gruss aus Montauban, c'est quoi ce bordel ?

Hey, thanks for responding so quickly!

It's quite simple. really.
In the story two surfers on their way to San Sebastian run into a little trouble. While cleaning up the VW T3 a bit one guy (Mark) accidentially misplaced a small bag. The other guy (Lukacs), who is a diabetic, kept his insulin in there. So they drive into the next village they can find, looking for a pharmacy or doctor, but since it's quite late everything is closed. Mark runs into a bar and asks the first guy he can find for a doctor. This is the character in question.
He responds: "le docteur?"
Mark: "blablabla"
You: "Oui, a la bar."
"A la bar" means nothing. "Au bar" means "at the bar" Is that what you want?

yes, thanks! :)

And that's the two sentences I need.
I've been working my ass off on this project, 145 pages of script all recorded and now mostly edited and mixed and we somehow missed this little part.
I need a recording of these two sentences with just a little bit of acting, that's it.

So if you are game and have a mic etc. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out.

What say you? :)

Viele Grüße
Don

Last edited:
Don,
I'm French native. I could do this for you, not problem. But "A la bar" means nothing. "Au bar" means "at the bar" Is that what you want?
If so, give me the "look" and "mood" of the character and I'll pop this for you in no time. D'accord?
Cheers
Patrick

I'm a native French too, and I sometimes record vocals at all. Problem is, I've lived almost here my life here in Mauritius and I'm afraid I have a mauritian accent ;)
We do have a nice surf spot here btw, although I don't surf myself

Back
Top Bottom