Fremen's V 11.05 presets

Fremen, Just wanted to say thanks. I can see parallel routing for some of the effects is a must. The patches are really mixed well.

Hi firemen,
I am learning a lot from your work.
Could you tell us how your mfc 101 is set up.
Between your patches and yek's I am slowly learning how to use this stuff.
Donation send

Sure ! I use bank size = 10 ; buttons 11-15 are scenes 1-5 ; button 16 is both for tuner and tap tempo ; and 17 for global boost. Three expression pedals, which usage depends on the preset, but most of the time, pedal 3 controls volume. The others two are usually controlling gain or morphing or another special effect, and wha/whammy or special effect (pedal 2). This is for my live presets (1-63), the other presets, specially those in banks B and C, usually don't have elaborate parameter pedal control. See my V10.12 video more demos of the pedal control

Dear Fremen, what patch do you use on the song Until Tomorrow? Definetely your patches are the best we can find for the Axe FX 2. Cherrs keep on rocking. Btw Feedback kicks ass too.
Thanks ! I think it's the Das Metal, I must check, I can't right now. That's preset 14, "Diary of Jane", with the pitch block (used for down tuning) bypassed. The pitch shift is on by default on that one but for the video I bypassed it.

Thank you!
Next question, how do i load an entire bank at once? All IR"S at once? Sorry, newbie.
An entire bank with Fractal Bot : just open one and tell the Bot where to send it. The IRs must be sent one by one

Noob question: how to get the cabs loaded in correct position? And once they're loaded presumably that will affect other existing presets I already have. How do I deal with this?
When you send an IR to the Axe Fractal Bot ask you where you want to send it. My user IRs are numbered accordingly, IR 01 TDR Vox will go into user IR 01, etc.

Unfortunately if you already use a lot of custom IRs it's not easy to deal with without Axe Manage. You need to check which of your presets are using custom IRs and which IRs N° they are. If those N° correspond with mind, then you'll have to change them. For example if you already use user IR N°16 on many of your presets, you'll need to load my IR N°16, GH ThisOne, to another spot, lets say N°60, and then edit all my presets using IR N°16 and change them to IR N°60.

I have a lot of IRs loaded (user spots 01-56 are filled) but those I really use often are IRs 1-3, 5-6, 10 and 16. The others, including Ownhammer, Messiah and Freddy/Jimmy from Signals Audio Impulse, are not in a big number of presets yet. When I'll have the time, I'll experiment more, and specially with the latest Ownhammer IRs.

I guess I'm just a noob but I cant seem to get it to open up in axe edit. Can you show me where to read up on down loading stuff. I went to your blog and downloaded the presets. I then go to the new folder that I downloaded and open it in axe edit and Just cant get it to work.....suggestions any one

Hey Fremen. I apologize if you have covered this somewhere else as I may have missed it but out of the bunch what particular patches are you using live?

Fabulous presets, but I had to remove around 5 or 6 cabs as, for some reason, they were causing my Axe-Fx to reboot as soon as I selected them. Had to remove all of the cabs (Fractal - please could you make a way to remove cabs easily on the fly without a laptop as I cannot scroll past the 'bad' cab\s to get to the cabs that I need - is there a way of doing it like choosing an amp\preset?). Shame as they were fantastic presets but just fell over for some reason when I took them to the recording studio the other day.

Fabulous presets, but I had to remove around 5 or 6 cabs as, for some reason, they were causing my Axe-Fx to reboot as soon as I selected them. Had to remove all of the cabs (Fractal - please could you make a way to remove cabs easily on the fly without a laptop as I cannot scroll past the 'bad' cab\s to get to the cabs that I need - is there a way of doing it like choosing an amp\preset?). Shame as they were fantastic presets but just fell over for some reason when I took them to the recording studio the other day.
I experienced that before too, with some cabs, specially a few I captured from the KPA. Not sure where the problem is, but now no cab gives me that problem

another stupid question ... just tryin some of your patches and sounds really really good ... I was wondering about the custom IR´s as I havent upload any of them into my axe ... So, I thought well this is not gonna sound cool with just axe fx cabs, I ll have to change etc but sounds pretty cool everytime ... Usually when I upload a patch w custom cab, I was gettin no sound until I changed the cab ... Why everything is sounding cool here ? Is axe edit also uploading custom IRs from your rar file when I m importing files ? ...

another stupid question ... just tryin some of your patches and sounds really really good ... I was wondering about the custom IR´s as I havent upload any of them into my axe ... So, I thought well this is not gonna sound cool with just axe fx cabs, I ll have to change etc but sounds pretty cool everytime ... Usually when I upload a patch w custom cab, I was gettin no sound until I changed the cab ... Why everything is sounding cool here ? Is axe edit also uploading custom IRs from your rar file when I m importing files ? ...

Just look at which IR spot that the cab block is pointing to in whatever patch you are playing. It sounds like you already have an IR loaded into whatever spot a lot of the patches you are auditioning are pointing to. And by what you describe, the IR's that you have already loaded must be pretty good ones!

To answer your question though, no, the user cabs are not installed along with the patches.

Hope this helps,
RVM

Fremen these are wicked killer presets! I've been a long time lurker, but this has been my first chance to try yours out.

Thank you again for your generosity in freely sharing these, you're doing a huge service to the whole community. I've already learned a lot just by searching through the banks!

Last edited:
Just look at which IR spot that the cab block is pointing to in whatever patch you are playing. It sounds like you already have an IR loaded into whatever spot a lot of the patches you are auditioning are pointing to. And by what you describe, the IR's that you have already loaded must be pretty good ones!

To answer your question though, no, the user cabs are not installed along with the patches.

Hope this helps,
RVM
Oh yeah, I see this is what was happening !!!! thx anyway !!!

Have always admired both your playing and Axe-FX acumen, Fremen ... A big thank you and donation made.

Back
Top Bottom