Fremen's V 11.05 presets

Hey thanks man ! And thanks to everyone for your positive comments - although I honestly feel it's sometimes a little bit excessive ;)

Last but not least, a big thanks to the generous Paypal donators. You guys are awesome ! You helped me to buy a MFC-101, then a pair of Equator D5, and now it will help me for a CLR, a big kudos for that :)

Hi Freeman, I haven't tried your 1st ten patches in a live situation but I do plan on using some this weekend for sure at my gigs since I am really digging them through my 2 Active CLRs. My only concern is that they are very wet with long delays and reverb. Is that how you use them live.... and they dont get drowned in the mix that way?
I am really digging your BE crunch, rhythm, heavy rhythm patches and noticed they all have different stereo type delays.....just curious why you dont use the same on all and are they supposed to be for leads or just ambiance? From what I see you have a couple dedicated Lead patches too so I assume the BE delays are not for actual Leads in scenes. Just trying to figure out the way you sort your main live patches.

Also, I am donating today by the way so you can get a CLR and really dial in a top notch FRFR speaker that.

Fremen, may I ask a question? In your blog you talk about several different ir's including free and commercial ones. Should I assume that the ir's that are not mentioned isn't used in any presets? I'm thinking of some ownhammer for example one that has 65w in the name and one with Kevin mix in the name. I have everything oh, from the betas to the most recent studio mix packages. But I can't find any ir that resembles the names of some ownhammer in the list, like the ones above.

And do you use these presets as they are live and for recording? They sound almost too good alone, whenever I tweak a preset for mixing with other instruments I find its almost bad sounding alone but fits well in a mix. Now I'm nowhere near your skill but...

Last edited:
Fremen, when I import your Bag Pipes MC A drone (TM) patch, I get a CPU overload message. Do you not have this problem?

Hi Freeman, I haven't tried your 1st ten patches in a live situation but I do plan on using some this weekend for sure at my gigs since I am really digging them through my 2 Active CLRs. My only concern is that they are very wet with long delays and reverb. Is that how you use them live.... and they dont get drowned in the mix that way?
I am really digging your BE crunch, rhythm, heavy rhythm patches and noticed they all have different stereo type delays.....just curious why you dont use the same on all and are they supposed to be for leads or just ambiance? From what I see you have a couple dedicated Lead patches too so I assume the BE delays are not for actual Leads in scenes. Just trying to figure out the way you sort your main live patches.

Also, I am donating today by the way so you can get a CLR and really dial in a top notch FRFR speaker that.
Thanks for your donation !
Regarding the "wetness" of my presets : I usually test them against full band backing track, and make sure they blend well. Live on the FOH I've never heard them as too much wet, but on some monitoring systems, particularly when I have no other choice than to monitor myself through the poweramp in of a tube amp, yes the delay and reverb sounds a bit too much.
I confess that I'm of the Devin Townsend (for metal sounds) / David Gilmour (for more traditional sounds) school here, I like what reverb and delay brings to my sound. I do use less than some user, like the incredible Mark Day, and if you want less it's easy, just lower the in gain ! Probably, when I'll have a CLR, I'll lower it a bit too.
For the BE presets, yes those are rhythm patches, the delays in those are for specific songs. I like to use different delay types too, although my favorite is the tape delay

What sort of expression pedals do you use and how many?

I have three Roland EV5. Their usage is different from preset to preset, but most of the time, 1 = lowering/raising gain or special effect (like morphing in a Rotary), 2 = wha or whammy, 3 = volume (most of the time tied to the level of the cab block)

Fremen, may I ask a question? In your blog you talk about several different ir's including free and commercial ones. Should I assume that the ir's that are not mentioned isn't used in any presets? I'm thinking of some ownhammer for example one that has 65w in the name and one with Kevin mix in the name. I have everything oh, from the betas to the most recent studio mix packages. But I can't find any ir that resembles the names of some ownhammer in the list, like the ones above.

And do you use these presets as they are live and for recording? They sound almost too good alone, whenever I tweak a preset for mixing with other instruments I find its almost bad sounding alone but fits well in a mix. Now I'm nowhere near your skill but...
These presets are mostly for playing for pleasure at home and playing live. For recording, I noticed I need more treble/presence usually. It's coherent with how Ownhammer approach IRs : darker for live, brighter for studio.
Regarding the IRs, some of them are not used, yes, it's hard to check which ones without Axe Manage and it's "sort by cab" feature. The one with the name "Kevin" is a mix recommended by Kevin of Ownhammer in the Ownhammer thread. I know that the one with the name 65W is used on the Nicola Rivera Fat Cab preset, which I edited a little.

Fremen, when I import your Bag Pipes MC A drone (TM) patch, I get a CPU overload message. Do you not have this problem?
I don't, but when I was recording my demo, I got CPU overload message on some presets, that's because I was also using the Axe as an audio interface. When I don't everything's ok. Are you using yours as an audio interface? Check also if the cab is in high res or low res, low res will solve your problem. The preset is not mine btw, as noted in my firmware 10 video demo

I don't, but when I was recording my demo, I got CPU overload message on some presets, that's because I was also using the Axe as an audio interface. When I don't everything's ok. Are you using yours as an audio interface? Check also if the cab is in high res or low res, low res will solve your problem. The preset is not mine btw, as noted in my firmware 10 video demo

Ok thanks for the quick response. I'll try your suggestions.

Donation send!
I've been AFXII user since FW10 and your presets have been an eye opener for me to see and hear, what all the great things this little black box can do. I respect your work!

This is probably the best showcase video of the true capabilities of the Axe FX II I've ever seen. Outstanding work Fremen! Thannks for all your hard work and time putting all of this together. You're awesome!

This is probably the best showcase video of the true capabilities of the Axe FX II I've ever seen. Outstanding work Fremen! Thannks for all your hard work and time putting all of this together. You're awesome!
Thanks Matt :) also see my 10.12 version video if you have the time, as it's much more detailed

Amazing patches!! I am on a mac and dont know how to open these rar. files. Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks in advance.

Hi firemen,
I am learning a lot from your work.
Could you tell us how your mfc 101 is set up.
Between your patches and yek's I am slowly learning how to use this stuff.
Donation send

Dear Fremen, what patch do you use on the song Until Tomorrow? Definetely your patches are the best we can find for the Axe FX 2. Cherrs keep on rocking. Btw Feedback kicks ass too.

Noob question: how to get the cabs loaded in correct position? And once they're loaded presumably that will affect other existing presets I already have. How do I deal with this?

Back
Top Bottom