Fremen's high gain "starting pack" bank - Firmware 13

Thanks fremen, downloading this now to have a play with tomorrow - what do I do with the file though? I'm not familiar with rar...do I need some sort of software to extract it?

Thanks Fremen. Appreciate you sharing the presets. Been using your 1st set of presets and the 3 you shared from this bank. Just downloaded the new bank and will check them out a little later. Already knowing they will be awesome, donation sent.

Many thanks :)

I would like to know what amp models each one of you prefer, after testing them all. i've yet to choose them myself, I'll probably replace the Friedman Be by the HBE for hotrodded marshall sounds (more balls), for heavy rhythm probably diezel over the Rectos... For lead, the choice is embarrassing, lol. But I'll check the Herbert CH2 which is very fat sounding in crunch

Didn't spend a lot of time, but I liked the BE, HBE, Diezel Ch3, Triptik, and Bogfish with my test riff which was a mix of chords, palm muted riffs, and runs in standard tuning. The last two were the surprises, and I'll have to play with them a bit more. As you said, for lead playing the choice is nearly impossible. Most everything sounds good.

Thanks for sharing the bank!

Had time for a half hour playthrough just now. Awesome... Very tight and nicely balanced tones in this bank.
They are pretty similar of course but that was expected as fremen mentioned. I can't say which I liked best right now, I'll need some more time playing these, and maybe with a few different guitars also. I liked how the presets were set up, Scene 3 with the tighter lead tone was my favorite within each preset.
Two thumbs up!!

I enjoyed the heck out of the Mesa variants (really almost everything I tried) and my tastes are like ztevie, as I gravitated to Scene 3 on each patch. Make it three for me (and don't read anything into what the third thumb is).

Lots of great things going on in these presets! Newb's should take note of how you deal with bass (i.e., not much) and how the eq for recording sounds (i.e., not so great for playing on your own). I think the no. 1 mistake people make is using the same patch on its own and in a mix or in the living room and on stage and thinking that the patch will translate. Thanks so much for these!

you're welcome :)

Here's a video showing one preset in detail. Sorry for the very rough editing, using Notepad for captions etc... I don't have the time to do something more polished, and in some places it's quite rushed - I should have shown how I chose the input trim over the input drive in this specific amp model etc.

I hope it will be helpful anyway ! Remember that my bank is not meant to be used "as is" but to give starting point for each amp model ; just tweak everything as you like

Back
Top Bottom