Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

Thanks a lot. I think I got it now, the free cabs are going in the same User cab locations as the numbers in the name suggest (same as in my Axe MK 1). The offset pdf is used to change Cabs in preset by preset, in X and Y, in all 3 banks. More work than I thought at first, but it will be worth it

I'm switching to an XL and thought I'd try to get the alternate banks installed. I don't understand the offset PDF fully, maybe someone can help. I've first imported the 3 alternate banks into the Axe FX 2 XL using Fractal Bot. Then I used Cab manage to import the free cabs you shared in a rar-file to User cabs according to the oddset pdf, from U0050 to U00147 (with some blanks).

But what do I do after that? Do I change cab settings in presets to get them to point to different Factory cabs? Am I supposed to fill up U0001 to U0049 with factory cabs in some way? When I open Manage Cabs and look at the F003, F004 they are not the factory cabs but the 1x10 Prince TOne AT4047 and 1x10 Prince Tone M160 that I think was put there when I imported the alternate banks with Fractal Bot. I simply don't get that part at all.

Edit: Example: the offset pdf starts with F133->U001. In my F133 there is a cab called 1x8 EC Champlifier I5. I don't knwo if that is factory or something that was put there when I imported the alternate banks with Fractal Bot. What do I do with this info F133->U001 ?

I have given up on trying to understand this. I just can't get it- The user cabs are user cabs, the factory cabs are user cabs, the factory cabs are factory cabs, the presets point to this that has to be converted to that based on offsets. I am way too stupid for this!!!!!!!!! Somehow though, it all still manages to sound good:D

The problem is that Fractal have all the cabs in one long row of slots. Starting with the first factory cab through to the last user cab (or scratch pad slots really)
So because Mark I and II have 132 factory cabs, while the XL has much more, User cab #1 will show as factory cab #133 on the XL. User cab #10 will show as factory cab #142 on the XL.
Likewise user cabs on fremens presets will also offset the same way.
So first, you need to put the right cabs in the right slot. Then you have to go in and manually change the cab slot for each and every preset to match the offset.(well, except factory cabs 1-132) Changing both if in stereo, changing both X and Y...
It's a couple of hours work.

I would like Fractal to make the factory and user cab slots located in completely different locations in memory. That way XL will know when a user cab is used on a Mark I/II preset. But I have no hope that will happen any time soon...

Last edited:
That's what I figured. It took a few hours, but it's OK. The hard work is creating those presets, thanks again Fremen. Ztevie explained it well

Fremen these presets are awesome mate thank you for all your hard work. I'm just working through the User Cabs with the purchased packs I have and in the OH HGE series ones (38,40,41,42 &43), the title length of a few of the screenshots doesn't show the 57 position number (38,40) and there doesn't seem to be screenshots for 41,42 & 43. Would you be able help out with these ones?

Unfortunately there's a few I don't have screenshot for. But most of these cabs are seldom used....
Apologies too for the XL offset problem... I can't do nothing for that, that's how the XL works when you load a preset using an user cab. I promise I'll work on XL version of the banks, I just don't know when. I didn't touch my guitar for almost three weeks

Apologies too for the XL offset problem... I can't do nothing for that, that's how the XL works when you load a preset using an user cab. I promise I'll work on XL version of the banks, I just don't know when. I didn't touch my guitar for almost three weeks

No problem, take your time...
Yeah, it's a mess with the XL and those offsets. :) Would be much easier if Fractal had the user cabs in a separate list... Another thing to watch out for when importing Mark I/II presets to XL is that FX blocks that have X/Y function in XL but not in the regular II, will always be ON when imported into the XL. Even if they are OFF in the original preset. So it's not easy to know which were intended to be on or not.
The effects are:
Compressor
Gate
GAQ
PEQ
Trem/Pan

Of course Trem/Pan ON in a higain petrucci solo preset for example is pretty easy to hear that it's supposed to be off, but the others are more difficult.

Another thing to watch out for when importing Mark I/II presets to XL is that FX blocks that have X/Y function in XL but not in the regular II, will always be ON when imported into the XL. Even if they are OFF in the original preset. So it's not easy to know which were intended to be on or not.

Hmmmm... I was OK with the MkII to XL user IR offset and I was aware that the XL offered a few new blocks with X/Y capability. What I didn't realize was that, when one of these MkII blocks gets pulled into an XL, they default to engaged! I just recently upgraded from a MkII to an XL so thanx for pointing that out to me.

Guys, I have a question. After finalizing my AX8 presets pack ( http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fremen-ax8-presets-teaser.112759/ ), I'll do an XL version of the banks/presets. I promised six months of three updates and originally planned to keep the MKI until July for that, then sell it and keep only the XL. But now that there is a presets converter for XL => MKI/MKII, is it necessary to wait ? How many of you still uses a MKI/MKII, and does the converter works well ? Not that I think that the next firmware will change the core sound of the amp blocks, but we never know… I'll probably be able to borrow my old MKI if needed anyway.

Al's converter is a work in progress. It does some wonderful things, but there are still a few things he's working out.

Is it necessary to wait? Not at all. Do what makes the most sense for your situation. If you can make the Mk I/II updates last a little longer, some of us would be grateful.

Hey Fremen, Do whatever works for you. I have the mark 2 and I have been messing around with the converter. It works ok on the single presets but I haven't figured out how to load and save a bunch at the same time. I'm not sure if it will do banks or not. Hopefully we won't have to load and save all 384 1 at a time. But I figure the original presets I bought for the 30 dollars was well worth the money alone. So just do whatever is best for you...

Of course ! Most of the buyers have an XL. It just requires some work for the cab offset. I will take care of that soon, now that I'm almost done with converting my presets to AX8 format

Guys, I have a question. After finalizing my AX8 presets pack ( http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fremen-ax8-presets-teaser.112759/ ), I'll do an XL version of the banks/presets. I promised six months of three updates and originally planned to keep the MKI until July for that, then sell it and keep only the XL. But now that there is a presets converter for XL => MKI/MKII, is it necessary to wait ? How many of you still uses a MKI/MKII, and does the converter works well ? Not that I think that the next firmware will change the core sound of the amp blocks, but we never know… I'll probably be able to borrow my old MKI if needed anyway.

Probably lots of Mk I, II users using your presets. Would be nice to have them converted at the source once by the author rather than multiple times by the users.

Of course ! Most of the buyers have an XL. It just requires some work for the cab offset. I will take care of that soon, now that I'm almost done with converting my presets to AX8 format
Cool cool.... Not worried about the cab offset

Probably lots of Mk I, II users using your presets. Would be nice to have them converted at the source once by the author rather than multiple times by the users.

Amen to that.

Fremen, I was one of the first people to get on the bandwagon for your products--partly because you had been providing your presets for free and I knew what I was getting. You now have a pro level product and are charging a pro level price for it.

That's all good, and I'm absolutely a fan....but in my opinion it's part of the deal to support the platform you sold the product for. Lets say the Mk I you're selling but apparently will continue to have access to would become unavailable for some reason. I believe that it would be on you to source another one. If you didn't, your reputation would take a hit. That's a liability of going from taking donations to selling a product.

Yes, I promised updates for six months, that's until July… I can either keep my MKI until then or borrow it from my friend if needed. We lives close to each other (Mauritius is small) so it won't be a problem

Back
Top Bottom