Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

Acoustic simulation pack users : the pack has been updated to 7.02. Same download link (from e-Junkie, or Dropbox) as before. Updates for this pack are not time-barred

https://axefremen.blogspot.com/2016/06/acoustic-simulation-tonematch-presets.html

I'm also considering release my "Fremen's picks" pack today or in a few days. This one is my bank A, with all the presets I use live, or play for fun. It includes my Pink Floyd, U2, and other bands presets. Other banks will be released afterwards and will be separate packs.

Thanks Thibault.

But I never fully recovered the strength of my left hand ring finger, which is really slowing me down.

I understand - I have the same problem with my left hand middle finger since about 2 years. When I do a lot of major bends and wide finger vibratos it comes back a little bit and I have to give it a rest a couple of days:

Hi Fremen, are u ok?

Well... one question: This 5 scenes pack are included or will be included in the Quantum pack ($40) when this one is updated to Quantum 7.02?
The existing Quantum pack has already received more updates than I promised, so it won't be updated and I will release new packs. However recent customers (those who bought a pack this year) will receive free updates for the clean presets, as they are the only ones really affected by 7.02, because of the revamped compressors. All the 5 scenes presets (78 up to now) will be in a distinct pack.

Last edited:
The existing Quantum pack has already received more updates than I promised, so it won't be updated and I will release new packs. However recent customers (those who bought a pack this year) will receive free updates for the clean presets, as they are the only ones really affected by 7.02. All the 5 scenes presets (78 up to now) will be in a distinct pack.

You're awesome Fremen and I have learned a lot from your presets so there was some long term value. I personally am updating some of my faves to Q7 manually and have always considered them great starting points that managed to stay good sounding across multiple updates.

BUT this is one of the downside of Fractal gear. There is no such thing as a Free Lunch. The constant firmware updates and algorithm changes, default amp setting changes, etc, on the hardware limit the long-term value of commercial presets (IMHO), unlike say the Kemper profiles or other products like Helix which simply do not churn firmware like the Fractal gear or vary that far from their original release.

To be brutally honest, I don't plan on paying for anymore presets. I have a bunch that are pretty much trashed now (TAF, some of yours, Moke's).

No problem with that, simply I can't offer free updates again... I worked on these updates 10 to 12 hours everyday for two weeks now - I took vacations just for that - so you'll understand I can't give those for free ;-) and 25 % are brand new presets. The 5 scenes collection has 90 presets now. Before quantum 7.02 was released I was already working a few hours everyday, doing preparatory work, specially for the IRs. Just revamping my user IRs collection was incredibly time consuming. But now most of my 100 user IRs are personal creations that doesn't use commercial cabs, so I will share all those too. It makes thing more easy both for me and other users.

Last edited:
I haven't purchased any presets to date, preferring to stumble thru the process myself. But after watching those recent YouTube vids updating to 7.02, I've realized just how little I understand all this wonderful box offers. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of your presets. And thank you for all of the support you provide the Fractal community.

I've been on the Fremen bandwagon since the first free pack, giving donations. Also bought the last packs.
I will continue to do so since his presets really translates well for my gear.
Really great news that they will be more leaning towards non-commercial IR's. That's the only issue I've ever had. Have spent many, many hours when upgrading presets manually setting IR's for each preset, so much that I've been reluctant to upgrade firmware on the axe.
Looking forward to the 7.02 packs, I'm sure it will be nothing less than fantastic, as always!

I've been on the Fremen bandwagon since the first free pack, giving donations. Also bought the last packs.
I will continue to do so since his presets really translates well for my gear.
Really great news that they will be more leaning towards non-commercial IR's. That's the only issue I've ever had. Have spent many, many hours when upgrading presets manually setting IR's for each preset, so much that I've been reluctant to upgrade firmware on the axe.
Looking forward to the 7.02 packs, I'm sure it will be nothing less than fantastic, as always!

This^^^. My thoughts exactly.

@fremen:
Make sure if it was carpel-tunnel. I had similar issues for years and it was C7 in my spine and I thought it was carpel-tunnel. That's where the nerves go to your hands and fingers.
I have been going to a "Gonstead" Chiropracter. He saved my back and hand!

Back
Top Bottom