Fremen Q7.02 presets

Trying to program a preset with all the things needed for the main part of that Yngwie Malmsteen song (synth chord backing, bassline, echo repeat, harmonic minor intelligent pitch shifting) was probably one of the craziest things I ever did (I just finished and now I have a headache, lol). It didn't turn as good as I wanted too (the bassline is not the same as in the original song), and my playing sucks (I used to know the song better a loooong time ago, and back then my fingers could run faster), but that was fun anyway and I thought I would share...

I purchased both new packs for my AX8 and just loaded 7.02 beta. (I also have a Mark II).

Used Fractool to convert to AX8 and also downloaded the list of User Cabs. Are we supposed to pick a replacement cab for each since we don't have the same user cabs?

Hello, all the IRs I use (only free ones) are provided, so no replacement is necessary, unless you already have user cabs in the same spots... But, those new packs aren't meant for the AX8, and it's better to let me do the conversion myself. Fractool is very helpful, and I wish I had it last year when I did the conversion, but there are many things to do after that to make many presets work. My Axe-Fx II presets often use blocks not available in the AX8, and also more horsepower than the AX8 is capable of. Lowering the density in the reverb, using a normal res cabinet is not always enough... I'm going to work on it now that 7.02 beta is out

I bought your presets on 5/22/16 , back when the AX8 had Q3.02.

Believe it or not , between gigs , limited studio time , etc , I never downloaded the presets. I'd like to get the 7.02 version when available and use your work for a show in July.
At this point , since it was 10 and 1/2 months ago , how do I go about getting them ?

Here is a loud demo of Fremen's new 5 scenes presets with fw 7.02. This time I brought other Matrix Q12a aswell to the practice room to enjoy the presets in stereo. I had 2 hours of fun playing with the ODS Ford. The first part of the video is as Fremen made it. No tweaks - no eq and the second part I added Motor Drive and liked it most on 6.70. What you like more? With or without Motor Drive. While I was playing I felt better without Motor Drive. Listening now on my pc 4.1 monitor sytem the one with Motor Drive seems to have a bit more bite do it. What do you think?

Here is a loud demo of Fremen's new 5 scenes presets with fw 7.02. This time I brought other Matrix Q12a aswell to the practice room to enjoy the presets in stereo. I had 2 hours of fun playing with the ODS Ford. The first part of the video is as Fremen made it. No tweaks - no eq and the second part I added Motor Drive and liked it most on 6.70. What you like more? With or without Motor Drive. While I was playing I felt better without Motor Drive. Listening now on my pc 4.1 monitor sytem the one with Motor Drive seems to have a bit more bite do it. What do you think?

No question. Notes were more defined with the Motor Drive turned up. IMO. Makes the notes "sing".

Purchased and downloaded. As usual they are awesome. I really miss your "Marillion Clean" preset though. Guys do yourselves a favour, if you haven't tried Fremen's presets before (or even if you have) buy these. They are pretty phenomenal and even though the axe gets better and better his presets work really well for almost any guitar, or any set of hands. The feel is incredible. There's something there for everyone.

Thanks for the video Tony :) It's still too early here in Mauritius (6:38 AM) to turn on my studio monitors but I'll check that soon. Yes , I'm up early, I have at least 12 hours or presets programming to do today ;)

Thanks ! Would you believe me if I told you that yesterday, I added "Marillion clean/Kayleigh" to my upcoming cleans pack ? Next on the list is "Wicked games"...

Lol, I can see you're going to be hard on my wallet buddy. Thanks for the work you do. You're a tremendous benefit and resource for this community.

Thanks for the video Tony :) It's still too early here in Mauritius (6:38 AM) to turn on my studio monitors but I'll check that soon. Yes , I'm up early, I have at least 12 hours or presets programming to do today ;)

You're an hard working man Thibault - your presets are worth every penny. It's just an additional alternative and so you can have have 2 presets instead of one. :D

Fremen - More Prog patches like Firth of Fifth from Hackett. How about Steve Howe on Yessongs ((Heart of the Sunrise)?

Thanks ! Would you believe me if I told you that yesterday, I added "Marillion clean/Kayleigh" to my upcoming cleans pack ? Next on the list is "Wicked games"...
I downloaded the latest 5 Scenes pack last night. I've downloaded and loved the previous 5 Scenes versions, but this one is especially stunning- wow!!! I just wanted to say thanks for all the time and talent you put into these - even though I'm paying a bit to download them, it still feels like a gift! Can't wait for the cleans pack!

I downloaded the latest 5 Scenes pack last night. I've downloaded and loved the previous 5 Scenes versions, but this one is especially stunning- wow!!! I just wanted to say thanks for all the time and talent you put into these - even though I'm paying a bit to download them, it still feels like a gift! Can't wait for the cleans pack!
Thanks for your kind words ! Practices makes perfect I guess ;)

Back
Top Bottom