Fremen Q7.02 presets

So since I got your AX8 patches back on 4 April 2016 I guess I just missed the one year upgrade window and have to purchase the upgrades?

Here is the Fremen 5 scene MCII++ in a Band-Mix. I've added no Motor Drive this time - only thing I've changed was the IR - as I tested some Ownhammer Mesa Boogie RECTO SHZ IR's. Fremens presets are killer - no matter if live or just recording with usb into Reaper. Sounds so smooth and great. I used again only scene 5 and changed the tone with the volume knob on guitar. Started of with about 4 and eventually endet with 10.

Stupid question, as I was in a rush when demoing prior to practice and axe is at jam room...when I bypassed some of the effects in the patches (your favorite bundle) all sound was cut off. I'm assuming this was because you had the bypass state set that way? I tried bypassing them because I prefer my expression pedals to have heel down to be off which is the opposite of the patch setup and just quickly wanted to try them without having to keep pressing down on spring loaded pedals.

Yes in some presets I have it that way for certain effects in cases there are multiple modulation blocks in parallel. Some are meant to be always on and I control the mix with an exp pedal. If I bypassed all of them at the same time the overall volume would be louder
You can reverse the exp pedal curve in the modifiers page if you want that :)

I did not indent to play a Gilmour tone, as I've never played anything from Pink Floyd nor Gilmoure. I wanted to do actually a Peter Green stylish blues, to try some clean scenes from Fremen's 5 scenes pack, but with the tone I suddenly thought that would be good for Gilmour style. I did put my Les Paul away and got my Strat, which has the David Gilmour EMG pickup set on it - wow sounds awesome. This scene 2 from 5F8 Tweed as it is - I didn't change anything within the preset this time. Awesome....

Last edited:
Sounds great Tony ! And I just got the David Gilmour EMG kit installed in my Strat, but didn't have the time to play it a lot, as I'm busy porting my presets to the AX8. All the packs but one are done now, and I hope to release everything this week-end :)

Thanks Thibault, those EMG's should be perfect for you as you play in a Pink Floydd Tribute band and play Gilmour's parts much better than me. I could never learn all those notes - I'm a lazy bugger. :cool:

Well done Thibault - sounds just like keyboard and guitar - great for an song intro. How could I change it to the key of "E" ? I have no experience with synth blocks...:(

Hi guys, a quick few words to tell you that today I completed the work on all my new packs (4+4) for Axe-Fx II and AX8 (except acoustic simulation for AX8, I'll do that tomorrow, only the compressor needs some tweaks), including exporting the files, checking if each pack has the right user cabs, writing the description texts and excel files etc etc... I'm now waiting for my website to be ready to launch everything. I also need to record some demo videos, but first I need some rest, I'm beyond exhaustion :p
I sent a new preset I made for Chris Izaak "Wicked game" to a friend and he's enthusiastic about it :cool:

Thanks Thibault take a rest now and I can stop now hitting the F5 button - anyway, I'm leaving tomorrow early in the morning and will not be back home till Monday night - so I can wait...:D

Back
Top Bottom