Fremen presets - V 10.02

quick question. I have downloaded the presets and the IR cabs . However is there a list of what impulses are used with what preset. I know how to upload ir's cabs and link them to a preset. I cant see a list of what preset works with which IR cab. Also as we do not have axe manage with axe edit 3 is there anyway of loading individual presets rather than whole banks etc

Without Axe Manage and its "sort by CAB" function such a list is difficult to compile…

I hear that Fractal Bot or Axe Edit can load individual presets from a bank, I didn't test how yet

Hi Freman - just worked out that axe edit 3 allows you to look at the bank and pick an individual preset - cheers for the assistance - enjoy your trip

Ah, that's brilliant. The first presets to be tested, imho, would be those I'm using at the gig tonight, presets 1 to 14, 16-17, 19-20, 25-28, 31-33, 51-58. But most should be OK. User cabs used the most : 01, 03, 016, then maybe 05, 06, 17, 19...

If Fremen doesn't have the new Ownhammer packs I think we all need to finance them for him.

Yes, Fremen patches are THAT good !

I do have the Ownhammer packs. I made some quick mixes with them but I'm waiting for Cab-Lab to do more. I've yet to start using the FAS IR packs but I will too.

Biggest recent discovery for me was swapping the Cornford for a FAS Lead 2 in my main warm/thick lead preset. FAS 2 is soooo good. And Thordendal too.

Although I now have a pair of Equator D5, I still use my hifi monitors for preset programming. But recently I found that all I needed to do to like playing on the D5 was boosting the 125/250/500 hz frequencies in the global EQ 1. I temporarily exchanged my D5 with a pair of Samson Resolv E6 belonging to a friend and those are really pleasant to play on too. But for mixing/mastering I really need my Equators, they'll be back soon. I can't wait to try them again with the global EQ boost, as I tested that for one minute only, just before exchanging them with my friend's Samsons. If I can play/tweak with that setting, I'll stop using my hi-fi speakers - for the first time in 25 years.

I'm saving to get a CLR right now and ultimately that's what I'll use to program my presets in the future. I did notice that some of my presets are a little sub/bass heavy on some systems, like the acoustic sim. I've just fixed that.

Of course I'm also waiting for the next firmware with hi res IRs :) But I'll complete the migration to 11.05 long before that. So far, only the presets using the Jazz Chorus model needed some important tweaks

Thanks for posting your presets. They are by far the best presets I've ever come across. I find myself playing almost exclusively on your presets and using them to tweak for my own. Thanks again, stellar work brother!!!

Thanks ! Yesterday I worked a lot on my presets, and now cleaning banks B & C (removing some presets, updating others) is almost done. I'll add new presets to replace those I erased. I've also tested official stock banks V11 and kept some, most of the time edited. Wish I had more time, if it was the case everything would be ready in two days. But beside updating, I want to add new things, test new IRs/IRs mixes, and also test all user presets that have been uploaded since V11 ! So, there's still some work to do. I also have an idea regarding the video I usually release with a new set of presets (multitrack recording using riffs and leads from a solo album I released 20 years ago), which will take me some time, but it will be worth it. Here's a song from that album, my preset "Astral flight" come from that song. Warning, it was recorded with less that average gear (Art SGX 2000, Alesis SR16 drum machine, on a 8 track 1/2 inch Tascam machine) , and the video is really cheesy ;)

Back
Top Bottom