Presets Fremen FM9 presets masterthread

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products

Playing over some AC/DC songs, in which I removed the original guitar tracks. I decided to revisit my AC/DC presets from The Brit Pack, this is a work in progress and I'll probably add a little brightness, but that's all !

EDIT : Crap, Youtube blocked my video, I'll put it on Dropbox

Damn YouTube would like to chekc this out!

Playing over some AC/DC songs, in which I removed the original guitar tracks. I decided to revisit my AC/DC presets from The Brit Pack, this is a work in progress and I'll probably add a little brightness, but that's all !

EDIT : Crap, Youtube blocked my video, I'll put it on Dropbox

Do you have a Dropbox link?

I made a new version of the video, with the final version of the presets :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/obfuejhdth3mi7p/AC DC medley V3.mp4?dl=0

While I was recording "It's a long way to the top", I remembered having a bagpipe preset for the Axe-Fx II, and realized that I never made an Axe-Fx III version - until this morning ! I just added this one to my "Synthpads & Drones" pack. I also made a FM9 version, with some wizardry to make it work with only 1 synth block. Here's the Axe-Fx III version, the FM9 one sounds very close to that :

I made a new version of the video, with the final version of the presets :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/obfuejhdth3mi7p/AC DC medley V3.mp4?dl=0

While I was recording "It's a long way to the top", I remembered having a bagpipe preset for the Axe-Fx II, and realized that I never made an Axe-Fx III version - until this morning ! I just added this one to my "Synthpads & Drones" pack. I also made a FM9 version, with some wizardry to make it work with only 1 synth block. Here's the Axe-Fx III version, the FM9 one sounds very close to that :

That’s cool, first song in the medley is my favorite AC/DC song but for some reason the name has escaped me

I used some presets from "Fremen's Essentials" (fmw 3.0) for this is a demo of Squier Contemp Strat

Thanks to https://www.lalal.ai/, I was able to extract the guitar track from Tool's "The Pot" and solo it, which helped me revisit my Axe-Fx III preset, and the FM9 version (which doesn't have the tonematch block, but I compensated with the PEQ block). I removed the original guitar track for that video. Preset from "Rock & Metal vol. 1". I will soon revisit the "Pneuma" preset too.

Hi guys ! In case you missed it :
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ane-eric-johnson-fan-to-fractal-world.186767/

Some details on the presets :
For the Shawn Lane tone, I used "Blues fusion lead" from "Fremen's picks", added a doubler, and tweaked the delay/reverb settings. I barely tweaked the Amp block, mostly for the Stratocaster used by my friend Sacha. He's getting an Axe-Fx III or FM9, and we will certainly communicate to fine-tune this preset some more. But he already loves it, in fact after the tweaking session we watched the REH instructional video of Shawn Lane playing "Epilogue for Lisa", and he prefered the sound from my preset (of course, I know that this recording can't be compared to Shawn's studio tone)

For the Eric Johnson cleans preset, I used my Andy Timmons preset from "Rock & Metal vol 1", added the Aurora model of the multidelay, and the Klon drive

I also updated the "Epilogue for Lisa" preset from the Synthpads & Drones pack, with the Amp and Cab settings, and the Doubler. I recorded that this morning, with the Axe-Fx III :

All these updated presets are in the relevant packs for the FM9 too.

Black Friday sales are now on !

BF22 Top pic_000000.jpeg

If you want to get the full 11 packs bundle, the discount is even higher, use this code instead : FM9_11packsbundle

Black Friday sales are now on !

View attachment 111476

If you want to get the full 11 packs bundle, the discount is even higher, use this code instead : FM9_11packsbundle
Hey Fremen, on your site looking at the Rock and metal pack volume 1, and it says the presets include scenes for rhythm, crunch and lead sounds. Does the Andy Timmons preset not have a scene for Clean?

Is this the same preset as the Andy Timmons preset you posted in one of the Keeley Halo threads ?

This preset have several clean scenes.
The one I posted was based on it but with some tweaks

Last edited:
Hi guys ! All my FM9 packs have now been updated to firmware 4.00 (except the acoustic simulation one, which don't need an update as it doesn't use any Amp block).

Besides the amp tweaks (in some presets I had nothing to do, in many I had to adjust the level, and sometimes the tonestack too), there's a few changes :

- expression pedals : for consistency, all the packs are now set with PEDAL 3 = volume and PEDAL 2 = wha - when a wha block is present. In some presets, PEDAL 2 is set for something else, or not used at all. PEDAL 1 is sometimes used for amp gain, or whammy, or other SFX stuff, depending on the preset

- I added a second volume block, before the amp, in most presets in the Boutique+Blues pack. It is controlled by PEDAL 1. This is useful for lowering the gain, like you would with the volume knob of the guitar, but without the loss of tone problems you have if the guitar doesn't have a treble-bleed.

As usual, these are free updates, which you can download at the Purchase History section of my website.

Reminder : you can use the code FM9_11packsbundle to purchase all 11 packs with a big discount.

Back
Top Bottom