AFIII [video] I converted a Shawn Lane/Eric Johnson fan to Fractal World

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
"Tell Matt Picone that I'm getting an Axe-Fx III !" (or a FM9). That was my friend Sacha's words after the session we just had together :cool:
He never used any Fractal unit before but has been watching videos and demos on the net for quite some time. He also came across my work as a presets programmer, which apparently made him proud, as a fellow Mauritian :blush:

Sacha is a Mauritian who had lived in the US since the end of the nineties. He wwas back in Mauritius for two weeks. We met once in the nineties, but never had the opportunity to play guitar together back then. So this time, we had to do it ! As a huge Shawn Lane/Eric Johnson fan, he also wanted to check my Axe-Fx III, to see if it can deliver a sound close enough to play their songs. It only took me a few minutes to tweak two of my existing presets for this ! He used the "Shawn Lane" preset for the jams. Also here, my friend Sookrit. Sacha is playing on my Axe-Fx III, Sookrit on a lunchbox gizmo that shouldn't be named, and I'm on the FM9.

Rundown : 0:00 Cliffs of Dover intro (played with the "Shawn Lane style" preset) - 0:18 Eric Johnson style clean sounds - 4:45 : earlier in the afternoon, working on the Shawn Lane sound - 6:08 blues jam - 14:01 melodic jam - 16:43 more noodling with Sacha - 20:01 earlier in the afternoon, more noodling, on my Tom Anderson Strat.

"Tell Matt Picone that I'm getting an Axe-Fx III !" (or a FM9). That was my friend Sacha's words after the session we just had together :cool:
He never used any Fractal unit before but has been watching videos and demos on the net for quite some time. He also came across my work as a presets programmer, which apparently made him proud, as a fellow Mauritian :blush:

Sacha is a Mauritian who had lived in the US since the end of the nineties. He wwas back in Mauritius for two weeks. We met once in the nineties, but never had the opportunity to play guitar together back then. So this time, we had to do it ! As a huge Shawn Lane/Eric Johnson fan, he also wanted to check my Axe-Fx III, to see if it can deliver a sound close enough to play their songs. It only took me a few minutes to tweak two of my existing presets for this ! He used the "Shawn Lane" preset for the jams. Also here, my friend Sookrit. Sacha is playing on my Axe-Fx III, Sookrit on a lunchbox gizmo that shouldn't be named, and I'm on the FM9.

Rundown : 0:00 Cliffs of Dover intro (played with the "Shawn Lane style" preset) - 0:18 Eric Johnson style clean sounds - 4:45 : earlier in the afternoon, working on the Shawn Lane sound - 6:08 blues jam - 14:01 melodic jam - 16:43 more noodling with Sacha - 20:01 earlier in the afternoon, more noodling, on my Tom Anderson Strat.

Ey Fremen, in which pack can I find the shawn lane preset? What is it called?

Harm

Much Respect you guys sound awesome what an awesome sound man love it. Love the jam beautiful..

Yes and there's an unedited version of the jam with two others and more of Bilbo The White

I recorded that this Sunday morning, using an existing preset but with the Amp, Cab and Doubler settings tweaked for Sacha :

For details on this preset and all the others, please check the Vendors section, I want this thread to be about the recordings ;)

Back
Top Bottom