Free Dynacab pack

As many other software, upgrading it and having a discount. I´d rather pay for CAB LAB 4 and having the actual DCs from the unit, them buying extra cabs

FAS is a generous company, much more so than their competitors. They are entitled to turn a profit. The Dynacabs in the unit are more than enough really. CL4 is free, and you can choose to buy a cab you’re interested in, rather than that and a bunch of cabs you don’t want. $30 is fair. The people complaining about this remind of how my kids used to act when they couldn’t get their way.

I agree with the people that say you should be able to use the DynaCabs from your Axe-FX III with this product. Yes, it is a free piece of software but last time I checked, I paid over $2,000 for my Axe-FX and it is the third one I've purchased (previously owning an Ultra and II). DynaCabs are the default format moving forward. I don't object to Fractal monetizing their technology, it's just I feel I've already paid for this. I'd like to be able to print from my Axe-Fx without a cab and tweak in the mix. When I mix, I don't even have my Axe-FX driver enabled in my DAW. It just creates problems with my DP/Apollo based system. Agreeing also with another comment, the stock DyanCabs sound good. I'd be willing to pay a modest fee for this, say $15. I'm not a fan of the physical 1960TV for my needs, so I wouldn't pay for this product. A Boogie or Engl 412 or something would be more attractive to me. I imagine these are coming down the road.
I've also bought AxUltra/2/3 - those purchases never included CL packs. CL packs were always a paid additional product afaik (there may have been a freebee giveaway now and then - but generally, a paid product).

Last edited:
This is definitely the wrong product to take care of the pence so that the pounds will take care of themselves :D

30 bucks is one cab pack, but once you acquire a taste for it, you'll come back and the transaction will look like this:, especially taking future cab packs into consideration:

giphy.gif

After all the time, effort and resources that Fractal Audio puts into improving and adding new features to the firmware for free, I am glad to contribute to their revenue by purchasing some of these packs.

Last edited:
A pack is $30. Dust the cobwebs off your wallet cheapskate. :p
As someone who has bought three units and a foot controller over the years and here in Australia they are expensive, I don't think anyone who buys fractal products are 'cheapskates'

This is definitely the wrong product to take care of the pence so that the pounds will take care of themselves :D

30 bucks is one cab pack, but once you acquire a taste for it, you'll come back and the transaction will look like this:, especially taking future cab packs into consideration:

giphy.gif
You work/run a business and you don't want any money for it? This is simply supply and demand. Not for everyone is 30 dollars a lot of money, especially if the product solves their problem. Just saying. :blush:

I kinda did think that being an Axe III owner that I'd be able to load in the factory cabs that I already own. But I guess they're not copy protected in any way, so I understand why I can't. But.... here's the thing - the current packs don't offer the cabs I am interested in, so won't be buying those. And the Cab Lab 4 software is not as good as Cab Lab 3 is when using single IR files. Cab Lab 3 has been my primary IR loader for years now, and very happy to have bought it and I use it all the time.

The number one thing is, it has a browser, which Cab Lab 4 does not. I'm really hoping that is going to be added to Cab Lab 4 in the future.

So right now Cab Lab 4 is promising, but isn't really suited to my needs at present.

I kinda did think that being an Axe III owner that I'd be able to load in the factory cabs that I already own. But I guess they're not copy protected in any way, so I understand why I can't. But.... here's the thing - the current packs don't offer the cabs I am interested in, so won't be buying those. And the Cab Lab 4 software is not as good as Cab Lab 3 is when using single IR files. Cab Lab 3 has been my primary IR loader for years now, and very happy to have bought it and I use it all the time.

The number one thing is, it has a browser, which Cab Lab 4 does not. I'm really hoping that is going to be added to Cab Lab 4 in the future.

So right now Cab Lab 4 is promising, but isn't really suited to my needs at present.
Each slot has a Browse button. Or you can simply drag-and-drop from File Explorer onto the desired slot. All the functionality of Cab-Lab 3 is there w/ a better UI except there are only four slots instead of 8. We found no one was using more than four.

Each slot has a Browse button. Or you can simply drag-and-drop from File Explorer onto the desired slot. All the functionality of Cab-Lab 3 is there w/ a better UI except there are only four slots instead of 8. We found no one was using more than four.

Talking about this view....

1698497636284.png

Which to be honest is about a million times better for browsing and auditioning IRs than this:
1698497684355.png

<ducks head!>

You work/run a business and you don't want any money for it? This is simply supply and demand. Not for everyone is 30 dollars a lot of money, especially if the product solves their problem. Just saying. :blush:
This got severely misinterpreted. I said exactly the opposite of "30 dollars is too much" for these new cab packs. My message was that the cab packs are so good that he will likely spend much more than 30 dollars once he tries it out and sees the value in it. I have all 4 currently offered cab lab 4 packs and many more previous Fractal IR packs. Never complained about prices, either.

does ir dynacab (2048 samples)are compatible with axe fx3 mk1 or convert an ultra res?
Can you ask the question again?

I don't think I understand what you're saying?

DynaCabs are supported on all the hardware. Axe Fx III supports 2048 sample DynaCabs. The model of Axe Fx III isn't relevant.

Also, the onboard DynaCabs aren't relative to CabLab which can export UltraRes IRs (that are supported on all current generation hardware).

Back
Top Bottom