FracTool - for power users only

I wish Fractool could re-organize my user cabs.

I would like all the user cabs currently in use by presets to be moved to the beginning of the user cab list; overwriting anything already there. And the presets changed to reference the new user cab slot numbers.

The strategy of making the users keep track of what presets use what user cabs and manually manage the user cab slot numbers is one area that is still a PITA for me with the Fractal.

I wish Fractool could re-organize my user cabs.

I would like all the user cabs currently in use by presets to be moved to the beginning of the user cab list; overwriting anything already there. And the presets changed to reference the new user cab slot numbers.

The strategy of making the users keep track of what presets use what user cabs and manually manage the user cab slot numbers is one area that is still a PITA for me with the Fractal.
OMG YES! I pretty much leave user cabs once I've uploaded them to the hardware because it's so hard to know if I've used a user IR in a preset or not. Even if FracTool could take bank files and show me user cab slots in use in all the CAB blocks (X and Y states) across presets in a bank so I'd know what user IRs can go and what needs to stay that'd be awesome.

Bonus points if it can help me relocate user IRs and make the changes across a bunch of bank files.

It already shows you which presets use which cabs etc...

A feature VERY much appreciated :)

I was using that to manually re-organize when I thought it a good new feature of Fractool to re-organize programmatically.

Another variant of it would be to empty out all the user cab slots that are not being used by any preset (along with the re-organization).

For those familiar with Microsoft's Visual Studio, the equivalent of "Remove and sort Usings..."

Ok that confirms what i thought, the preset version has been incremented on XL/XL+ but not on mk1/mk2, that's why you get empty presets. Fractool send preset version 0x600 while your mk1/mk2 only supports 0x503... Next release will fix that ;)
FracTool 2.33 is released ! It fixes the AxeFx II mk1/mk2 bug
Wow, I was going to report this and is already solved.
I downloaded guitarjon's hardwired XL presets, preset version 0x600.
I converted from xl to mark1 format, when I tried to send them to the machine with axe-edit the grid was blank
If I send the presets directly with fractool (the devide icon) it worked OK
But I noticed that if I export the same preset from the device back to the PC the preset version number changed to 0x503.
Thanks for take care of us!

Wow, I was going to report this and is already solved.
I downloaded guitarjon's hardwired XL presets, preset version 0x600.
I converted from xl to mark1 format, when I tried to send them to the machine with axe-edit the grid was blank
If I send the presets directly with fractool (the devide icon) it worked OK
But I noticed that if I export the same preset from the device back to the PC the preset version number changed to 0x503.
Thanks for take care of us!
Interesting, so if i understand correctly, if you convert an XL preset with no AxeFx connected to AxeFx II format, it generates a bad version number in the AxeFx II file ?

No, when I converted the preset from XL to AxeFx II format the version number was fine: 0x600
(I did the conversion offline at work with fractool)
I think the problem is that Axe-edit can't see a 0x600 mark1 preset, is like an unknown concept.
Then I sent the presets directly with fractool (the devide icon) and it worked OK.
I think that when I saved the preset in the device the version number was changed to 0x503.

My guess is that Fractool is more updated than axe-edit. Axe-edit can see a XL 0x600 preset but can't see a mark1 0x600 preset. Fractool can see and send both.

No, when I converted the preset from XL to AxeFx II format the version number was fine: 0x600
I think the problem is that Axe-edit can't see ergo don't know how to send a 0x600 mark1 preset to the machine.
Then I sent the presets directly with fractool (the devide icon) and it worked OK.
I think that when I saved the preset in the device the version number was changed to 0x503.

My guess is that Fractool is more updated than axe-edit. Axe-edit can see a XL 0x600 preset but can't see a mark1 0x600 preset.
No, so i got what happens, fractool offline conversion seems to set the mk1/mk2 preset version to 0x600 and even in Q6 their latest version is 0x503. 0x600 is only used in XL/XL+

You got it man!
Now I understand you: 0x600 for a mark1 is not fine, it needs to be 0x503

I assume that v 2.33 fixes this issue online but in offline conversion the bug persists.

Last edited:
Yes! now it works perfect...
I experienced a windows warning with this 2.34 version of Fractool.
When I tried to open the tool a warning emerges:
"Windows protected your computer. Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app requires administrator approval"
This is strange because I never experienced this with older versions of Fractool

Last edited:
i can't download this, it keeps on saying it was blocked by smartscreen filter. My antivirus is disabled. Is there a workaround for this?

Back
Top Bottom