FracTool - for power users only

I just upgraded from an Axe-Fx II Mark I to an XL+ and wondering if I convert my MkI presets to XL+ with FracTool, will it correctly convert blocks bypass states that have XY on the XL+ but not on the MkI or will I need to manually adjust the bypass states after importing them into my XL+?

Also, If I save a block from one of my MkI presets that doesn't have XY and then add that block to an XL+ preset, will that have the correct bypass state or will I need to manually adjust that for saved blocks too?

I'm just trying to figure out the easiest way to move all my presets from my MkI to my XL+.
Yes FracTool handles everything for you

I could be wrong but from what I understand MK presets are natively forward compatible with the XL+. Have you tried loading some of your presets into the XL+?

No I haven't tried it yet. I had contacted support and read in the Wiki that some settings don't migrate.

Here's the links:
* http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...esets_between_Axe-Fx_II_models.2C_AX8_and_FX8
* http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/potential-bug-xl-importing-mk-ii-presets.100398/#post-1203688

Heya @AlGrenadine was thinking that something that might be cool to have in the future would be the ability to batch export all presets to csv rather than having to do it from the individual preset's layout "Preset" menu one by one. Like how right now in the Bank menu there's a "Save to bank" and "Save to individual presets"... maybe there could be a third option: "Export to individual... ", and then that brings up a dialog similar to the "Select destination preset format", but instead of the device types has button options for "CSV", "PDF", "HTML", etc? Basically I was looking for a quick way to see all my presets that had a given value for a given parameter, short of viewing every preset in and looking for the particular option. I found myself thinking, "man it would be quicker if I could just grep all my presets!" ;)

Heya @AlGrenadine was thinking that something that might be cool to have in the future would be the ability to batch export all presets to csv rather than having to do it from the individual preset's layout "Preset" menu one by one. Like how right now in the Bank menu there's a "Save to bank" and "Save to individual presets"... maybe there could be a third option: "Export to individual... ", and then that brings up a dialog similar to the "Select destination preset format", but instead of the device types has button options for "CSV", "PDF", "HTML", etc? Basically I was looking for a quick way to see all my presets that had a given value for a given parameter, short of viewing every preset in and looking for the particular option. I found myself thinking, "man it would be quicker if I could just grep all my presets!" ;)
Why not ;)

A Search feature for parameter values, and for other functionality, across all presets (result: list of presets) would be AWESOME and save tons of time.

Examples:

- It would allow me to find all presets where a controller is attached to the Boost parameter.
- It would allow me to find all presets where I forgot to make the FXL block a global block.
- It would allow me to find presets where the Chorus block is set to Y instead of X.
- It would allow me to find presets with Drive 2-Y set to Master Fuzz.
- It would allow me to find presets with Balance in any block set to anything other than 0.
- It would allow me to find presets where Modeling (AMP block) is not set to to "Latest Version".
- It would allow me to find presets with CPU higher than "x %".
- It would allow me to find presets where Impedance is not set to Auto.
- It would allow me to find presets where the Envelope's Attack is not set to "x".
etc.
etc.

Even better: "IF .. THEN". For example: IF the block's MIX parameter is set to 100%, THEN list all presets where the block's BYPASS MODE is not set to MUTE IN.

A Search feature for parameter values, and for other functionality, across all presets (result: list of presets) would be AWESOME and save tons of time.

Examples:

- It would allow me to find all presets where a controller is attached to the Boost parameter.
- It would allow me to find all presets where I forgot to make the FXL block Global.
- It would allow me to find presets where the Chorus block is set to Y instead of X.
- It would allow me to find presets with Drive 2 set to Master Fuzz.
- It would allow me to find presets with Balance in any block set to anything other than 0.
- It would allow me to find presets where Modeling (AMP block) is not set to to Latest Version.
- It would allow me to find presets with CPU higher than "x%".
- It would allow me to find presets where Impedance is not set to Auto.
- It would allow me to find presets where the Envelope's Attack is not set to "x".
etc.
etc.

Even better: "IF .. THEN". For example: IF the block's MIX parameter is set to 100%, THEN list all presets where the block's BYPASS MODE is not set to MUTE IN.
Yes i thought about doing a scriptable loop like this but it would require a lot of work for a free tool ;)

Version 2.31 is available :
- Handles Q5
- Adds batch Save as CSV/PDF/HTML/XML in preset bank window
- Fixes the AxeChange click bugs

This is awesome! I'm so glad I procrastinated this weekend. I've been moving all my presets from my Axe-Fx II Mark I to my XL+ but wanted to create CSV files of all my Mark I presets and now I just did all 3 banks in less than a minute!

FAS should really hire you. I know they want all USA employees but they should make an exception for you. I hope they brainstorm with you when designing the Axe-Fx III because all your tools are very useful and user friendly.

This is awesome! I'm so glad I procrastinated this weekend. I've been moving all my presets from my Axe-Fx II Mark I to my XL+ but wanted to create CSV files of all my Mark I presets and now I just did all 3 banks in less than a minute!

FAS should really hire you. I know they want all USA employees but they should make an exception for you. I hope they brainstorm with you when designing the Axe-Fx III because all your tools are very useful and user friendly.
Thanks, that's very kind of you :)

Hey Al I know you have a VirusTotal screen detailing results, however this does not include Windows Defender, which is being a real pain

I am running windows 10, 64 bit using defender.

With defender running it deleted Fractool as a malicious virus.

I had to reboot, switch of defender, add an exception for FracTool.exe, and even then accept a warning before it would run.

This is not a complaint, more a heads up for anybody else having issues, it works, its awesome and I just made a donation as you have saved me many hours of tweaking with this fine tool. (batch tool for updating to latest in all amp blocks is the one for me!)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom