FracTool - for power users only

dont know which version i should have or which i tried. tool is indeed very quick and i know its a beta.
tried some XL stuff to be transferred to axe fx mkii

some presets show inside axe edit (which i use).

Q1 can both tool work together?
Q2 some presets fail (maybe due to Q1?)
(some shunts not correct, but mainly values of preset incorrect)

is there a list of known errors/bugs/etc and where do you want your feedback?
(mailadres with presets and endresult)
I don't recommend using both tools at the same time. You can attach problematic presets here, i'll give a look on tuesday...

Hello,
I sent from Ax8 to Axe II different presets..but the translate wasn't succesfully..6-7 times out of 10 was error ..
when it was succesfully sent, in Axe Edit were missing blocks and shunts to make the connections ...
I am on Macbook Pro OS X ElCapitan vers.10.11.4

Yes it seems most problems occur on mac, try on Windows...

Please attach problematic ax8 presets.

Last edited:
Thank you for your hard work...but tell me please there is a chance to have your AxeFxSend application also for Mac users ???
maybe in the near future..? (because I cannot afford another computer with Windows).

dont know which version i should have or which i tried. tool is indeed very quick and i know its a beta.
tried some XL stuff to be transferred to axe fx mkii

some presets show inside axe edit (which i use).

Q1 can both tool work together?
Q2 some presets fail (maybe due to Q1?)
(some shunts not correct, but mainly values of preset incorrect)

is there a list of known errors/bugs/etc and where do you want your feedback?
(mailadres with presets and endresult)
Concerning Q2, I've found that the presets that fail with the "old" AxFxSend are those that bundle both preset and cab info in the same file. I think the old program may have been created before bundling was an option.

Hi all,
Here is something a lot of users have asked for : A tool to open XL presets on an AxeFx II mk1/mk2 and vice-versa. And open AX8 presets on AxeFx II/XL. And... OPEN AxeFx presets on AX8 ! :D (still experimental though)

Any chance you could do a block ripper for FX8 users? Just skip unsupported blocks and strip all the fx blocks and dump them in a folder. That would be super handy!

I don't recommend using both tools at the same time. You can attach problematic presets here, i'll give a look on tuesday...

Bonsoir AlGranadine.
Of course I do not know how the original file looks like as I do not own a XL nor XL+.
So I included my AXE edit screen and original file & the exported/imported file (your tool).

It seems the files from YEK preset1 (from Yek's daily show "go though all AMPs" of the AXE FX in the forum) went all OK.
The MAIN file from Yek went wrong, but this could be due to AXE edit open together with your tool.
Later it seemed OK (importing with axe fx closed)

This Satriani file I did with your tool & Axe Edit closed.
But some things went wrong.(esp. looper)
See the files and picture

Good Luck!

Attachments

• Knipsel.PNG
    Knipsel.PNG
    175.2 KB · Views: 14
  • p004150_Satriani2.02.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Satriani 2.02.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
There is a small group of people in this community that have contributed their time and talents to make this place what it is today. Al is one of those people. I've used just about everyone of his apps at some point and while I don't use a lot of other people's presets the simple fact that I "couldn't" use XL presets really bothered me. This was arguably the most requested capability I've seen on here in years....I'm not talking about all of the great stuff that Cliff provides us before we know that we need it, but actual response to a need.

I'm not saying that anyone has to pay for it, but there was no reason for Al to do this other than him wanting to help others out. He isn't forcing anyone to buy it, but I would hope that people recognize the value in his contributions and show some appreciation by donating what they feel is appropriate. He won't come out and bug you for it so I will. :)

Thanks again Al; you are really one of the good ones.

A question to @AlGrenadine

First of all. Thanks for making this tool!

I loaded some of the yeks presets yesterday to my Axe FX II mk2 using this tool. I had the axe edit on and the preset was send ok, but the user cab was set to F001 in all the presets and i know that yek has used different factory cabs in those presets, that i tried. Is this something that can be fixed?

Back
Top Bottom