Fractal Audio Price Increases

Not sure if this is related, but I've been keeping an eye on used 14tb helium sealed HDD, and prices have doubled in recent months.

I don't know...I saved for months and months and finally the day I go to buy it its been raised 200$ more dollars less than 24 hours earlier.....made me think twice..... but the delivery was fantastic

I want to throw my 2 cents in on the supply shortages... the issues with new truck production has made price on old trucks go up... I just paid 30k cash for a 2011 F250 with 35k miles. My trailer bent an axle, trailer shop said there are no axles to be had and they have trailers waiting over two months for parts. So I bought a new one, drove five hours to get one because it was the only landscape trailer available in the state. Guy at the shop said he hasn't seen one like mine come in since October, he just got it in the night before and didn't know why it was on the truck.

I'm afraid most of all this is amongst some other colateral reasons the result of pumping billions and billions "free" dollars and euros into the economy without really controlling where this money is actually going. It is inflation, just look at prices of gasoline, metals and food....everything is getting up fast. Macro economy is like a closed loop controller..when you put more money in the game, rotation rates get higher due to augmenting expenses; inflation is one if the natural reactions to slow this down.
Better don't keep too much money in the bank and buy gold or other constant value objects.

The Axe-Fx III and FM3 are still a fantastic value with these slight price increases.

BTW, you want to see some scary price increases, go buy a 2x4 or a sheet of plywood. I recently purchased a new house (spec home that was already completed) and even before I closed on the house the price for a house with the same specs had seen a price increase and has since seen another almost all due to lumber prices. Around here, a 2x4 is around 8 bucks and 3/4" sheet of plywood is $55-70.

I had an fm3 on order with shipment expected March/April but it was cancelled by the dealer last week. According to the dealer (Independent Music AU) fractal are putting a pause on dealer shipments indefinitely due to the semiconductor shortage, and will only be selling to the US for now. Sucks big time with no date in sight when I can get my hands on one.

I had an fm3 on order with shipment expected March/April but it was cancelled by the dealer last week. According to the dealer (Independent Music AU) fractal are putting a pause on dealer shipments indefinitely due to the semiconductor shortage, and will only be selling to the US for now. Sucks big time with no date in sight when I can get my hands on one.
That sucks big time. Fractal is making more money selling direct, I think. Dealers are being dropped for now, so fractal can survive this ordeal.

I'm guessing this means the used market is about to skyrocket, FAS stuff already has a crazy high resale value (look at the AFX Std still selling for $500+ despite being 15 years old modelling tech), let alone when it's tough/ impossible to get a new one.

I'm guessing this means the used market is about to skyrocket, FAS stuff already has a crazy high resale value (look at the AFX Std still selling for $500+ despite being 15 years old modelling tech), let alone when it's tough/ impossible to get a new one.

It seems like old racks refuse to die. The Axe-FX Standard kicks the ass of the Art SGX-2000 and many other multi-FX, but most are still above $500

It seems like old racks refuse to die. The Axe-FX Standard kicks the ass of the Art SGX-2000 and many other multi-FX, but most are still above $500
Have you seen what Lexicon MPX G2s go for used? It's a little absurd. Nostalgia is expensive.

Back
Top Bottom