Fractal Audio Price Increases

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
All,

Due to the global semiconductor shortage and the resulting increased costs of manufacturing, plus increases to the costs of shipping and logistics, we are left with no choice but to increase the prices of the Axe-Fx III and FM3, effective immediately.

The Axe-Fx III is now $2299.99 and the FM3 is now $1099.99. We trust you will agree that these products still deliver incredible value, and remain backed by the same total commitment to quality and service that we have always delivered.

Sincerely,

Fractal Audio Systems

Last edited:
Last week there were journalists here in Barcelona explaining the increment of costs for shipping and for main raw materials used in devices like smartphones, computers, etc.

They were alerting that a worlwide "collapse" and a worldwide "price increasing" could happen soon for all these products....

Due to the global semiconductor shortage and the resulting increased costs of manufacturing, plus increases to the costs of shipping and logistics, we are left with no choice but to increase the prices of the Axe-Fx III and FM3, effective immediately.

Thanks for the transparency M@, Cliff, & FAS team. Tough times for several global sectors due to this shortage, business has to continue and the market will respond accordingly.

#FASForLife

Last edited:
I wanted to include an article but can't find a good one that isn't behind a paywall. Google "Semiconductor Shortage" and check out the results.

Ford, Chrysler and others have nearly complete vehicles, sitting on lots that can't be shipped because they can't get chips for all the on-board computers. I know someone who ordered a new RAM truck and delivery time is minimum, 3 months and likely longer he was told.

The "exchange" factor of Fractal Audio is so high, that the increase is, in my opinion, negligible, We have received SO MUCH from the products, that this in no way counter-balances this exchange.

Thanks for having kept the prices low for so long, absorbing the tariff increases and continuing to deliver such support and continuous upgrades.

I totally get it. Everything has gone up. Price of guitars due to the cost of wood for example. Same wood I purchased last year to rebuild my deck alone has doubled in a year. Electronics are in the same boat

Dave Friedman mentioned on a recent ToneTalk about big price increases across the board in all kinds of things.
Sounded pretty ominous

Still, Fractal give exceptional value considering the consistency of updates and how your products have pretty much destroyed my GAS for anything else - Still amazes me that all the work that went into Cygnus getting to my III, and heading towards my FM3 at some point, is a free update

I totally get it. Everything has gone up. Price of guitars due to the cost of wood for example. Same wood I purchased last year to rebuild my deck alone has doubled in a year. Electronics are in the same boat
Just had a warning from the guy designing my new kitchen he was getting price increases on supplies

Back
Top Bottom