Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Hi all,
It seems some of you felt there was a need for a mobile.desktop AxeEdit-like...

Important information : No refund request will be accepted, you have free Win/Mac versions which are fully functional, an Android/iOS version with limited functionalities but allowing you to test connectivity issues, so there's absolutely no reason i can accept to refund.

1596900-2.png

The good news :
  • It's Android/iOS/Mac/Win compatible (iOS 8+ / Android 4.4+ / MacOS 10.10+ / Win7+)
  • It's compatible with AxeFx III/AxeFx II/XL/XL+, AX8 and FX8 (see connecting options depending on your OS and fasDevice)
  • On Android it allows both USB or 3rd party MIDI interface connection (AX8/FX8 is USB only)
  • On iOS it allows USB connection only for AxeFx III/AX8/FX8 and 3rd party MIDI interface connection for AxeFx II (Apple limitation, i couldn't add the same driver used on Android for the AxeFx's USB port)...
  • FM3 is supported starting version 3.31. You must use a 3rd party MIDI interface on both Android and iOS. USB connection is possible on Win/Mac only.

The bad news (for you ^^) :
  • It's free only on Windows and MacOS. It took me a lot of time to develop, and also money for Apple Developer account etc...
  • The price is not the same on Android and iOS. Apple forces developpers to use their AppStore and charges a 30% fee + 10% VAT on every sale. While the Android version is directly available from the store.
  • Maybe some of you will feel the price is high : €49.99 on iOS / €29.99 on Android. I'm not gonna discuss it here but to synthetize, i've considered the price of some FAS software and the time i used to create it and it seems a good deal for all of us...

The not so bad news ^^ :
  • For a direct USB connection (Android AxeFx III/AxeFx/AX8/FX8 or iOS AxeFx III/AX8/FX8 only) you'll need an USB adapter. It's called USB OTG adapter on Android devices and "USB camera adapter" for Apple.
  • For a 3rd party MIDI connection i've been successfully testing the iRig2 MIDI interface and also the Roland UM-One (in conjunction with camera USB adapter). Most USB MIDI interfaces should work in conjunction with the Apple USB Camera adapter, but i'm not responsible if one doesn't...

Examples of adapters :
  • For Android : on Amazon
  • For iOS and AX8/FX8 : on Amazon
  • For iOS and AxeFx : Use the same adapter used for the AX8/FX8, plus this MIDI interface : on Amazon

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING ANYTHING : A full description of the available connecting options to FracPad have been made in the wiki : http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FracPad

Bluetooth MIDI information :
FracPad can access your AxeFx III/II/XL/XL+ via Bluetooth when using a Yamaha MD-BT01 interface. For the AX8/FX8, use the Yamaha UD-BT01 and be sure to upgrade it to firmware 1.04 with the yamaha ud/md utility available on the US appstore.
Then use the iOS midimittr application.
(https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midimittr/id925495245?mt=8)

Or this app on Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileer.example.midibtlepairing

Bluetooth access is not officially supported.

Hi, here is a video explaining bluetooth editing with FracPad :

Here is a video demo :

Another from @2112 :

ORDER :

You can buy the Android or get the free Win/Mac versions here : http://www.e-junkie.com/fracpad

The iOS version is available on the Appstore : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fracpad-iii/id1436855580?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8

Stay tuned on the facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/fracpad/

DEMO VERSIONS :

A BIG THANKS to all of you helped me during the betatestings and a special thanks to @Admin M@ and strateux (Jean-Yves) for their icon sets

ANSWER TO THE PRICE CONTROVERSY ON FACEBOOK :
  • a Cab Pack is at least $30 while it requires 3x less time in building and is 10x simpler to do
  • a Preset Pack from some famous forum members is $49
  • some sell 1 preset for $15 !!!
  • the MFCEdit app is $25, and it's far lot simpler to do
  • on the $39.99 Apple charges you, i only get $23 !!! What a steal ! Buy an Android, FracPad is cheaper on it and everything is...
  • You buy Apple phones at $800 and say a very specific app made for a very specific need, probably not sold 1000 times at $40 bucks, is high priced... Think again
  • I talked with CyberFerret who is the creator of former AxePad app and he said users complained when his AxePad app was $12... Want it for free ? Ask FAS to make one ;)

DISCLAIMER :
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! This is NOT a Fractal Audio Systems product. It is neither endorsed by nor supported by Fractal Audio Systems. Should you require support after loading presets created by this program, Fractal Audio Systems has asked us to warn you that they may require you to erase your presets and reset system settings before providing any type of official support.

This software is provided "as is" with no performance guarantees. Any damages incurred as a result of its use are the sole responsibility of the end user, i.e., YOU.

"Axe-Fx", "AX8" and "FX8" are trademarks of Fractal Audio Systems, and are in no way associated or affiliated with FracPad.

UPGRADE from FracPad 1.xx :
Nomore possible, it was proposed during one year, i think it's enough for former users who wanted to move ;)

Pure comedy what a fraud and people sadly pay for this worthless app from a wanker that trolls other members with nonsense! Good for you Alex and keep the disclaimer so people trow the money away on your comical app, they deserve to be taken!

Pure comedy what a fraud and people sadly pay for this worthless app from a wanker that trolls other members with nonsense! Good for you Alex and keep the disclaimer so people trow the money away on your comical app, they deserve to be taken!
Searching for your posts here, people will immediately understand what kind of people you are... Also i recommend people searching for your name on Facebook, it's really fun ^^

I guess everybody has to have his own Romeo Rose ^^ you're mine, and that's just the ultimate achievement of your life...

Last edited:
Copying scenes is not possible.
Thanks for the info. This would be a handy feature in a future version.

BTW: I have FracPad Version 3.50 on two iPads - one is a 1st generation iPad Air, and the other is a 9th generation iPad. I've noticed that the interface of the app looks slightly different on the iPads. For example, when I am in the Grid screen and I click on one of the blocks, the controls for the block appear on the same screen below the grid on the old iPad Air but on a separate screen on the 9th generation iPad. The location of the Scenes selector is also different. How come?

Thanks for the info. This would be a handy feature in a future version.

BTW: I have FracPad Version 3.50 on two iPads - one is a 1st generation iPad Air, and the other is a 9th generation iPad. I've noticed that the interface of the app looks slightly different on the iPads. For example, when I am in the Grid screen and I click on one of the blocks, the controls for the block appear on the same screen below the grid on the old iPad Air but on a separate screen on the 9th generation iPad. The location of the Scenes selector is also different. How come?
This is due to different resolution, if not enough room for grid+parameters, the parameters screen comes in front of the grid, otherwise it can come under.
You can adjust grid blocks size to have same behavior on both. (you can adjust nearly everything in the options, so use them ;) )

Searching for your posts here, people will immediately understand what kind of people you are... Also i recommend people searching for your name on Facebook, it's really fun ^^

I guess everybody has to have his own Romeo Rose ^^ you're mine, and that's just the ultimate achievement of your life...
So nice of him to bring the first page to our attention again. It's a very good page.

BTW, is it safe to upgrade to FM3 beta 8 if you need Fracpad on iPad?

Oh well. I'll find out soon...
Ah. It works!

Last edited:
BUG! There's a couple of pages in the multidelay that aren't how they're supposed to be. They all have two Master tabs at the bottom, all models have only MstChorus rate and depth parameters on both these the Master and empty Delays and Tone/Duck pages, except the circular, the comb filter and the quad models after the quad Chorus. Oh, the Ambient Tape has the two params above plus the Feedback. That still isn't all it's supposed to have.
Dang. Those MultDly models have a lot of parameters...

BUG! There's a couple of pages in the multidelay that aren't how they're supposed to be. They all have two Master tabs at the bottom, all models have only MstChorus rate and depth parameters on both these the Master and empty Delays and Tone/Duck pages, except the circular, the comb filter and the quad models after the quad Chorus. Oh, the Ambient Tape has the two params above plus the Feedback. That still isn't all it's supposed to have.
Dang. Those MultDly models have a lot of parameters...
Need more details : which fasDevice?

IMG_0492.PNG

This situation with the multidelay pages has been this way for months. I emailed you on your Gmail about it July 18th last year. Has nobody else complained about it? Seems odd that I would be the only one to have this.

IMG_0493.PNG
Are these options correct for use with Bluetooth Yamaha MD-BT01? I had the polling at startup enabled once to refresh everything and did the totalsync for a while.

Last edited:
View attachment 138858

This situation with the multidelay pages has been this way for months. I emailed you on your Gmail about it July 18th last year. Has nobody else complained about it? Seems odd that I would be the only one to have this.

View attachment 138857
Are these options correct for use with Bluetooth Yamaha MD-BT01? I had the polling at startup enabled once to refresh everything and did the totalsync for a while.
Investigating asap
For the MD-BT01, it's correct if you don't need it to reflect changes made on front panel. Enable totalsync if you need it

View attachment 138858

View attachment 138857
Ok it's the same situation with AxeFx III, because there are tons of new multitap types, and each parameter visibility is tied to the actual MTD type... So it will need hours to list which parameters is displayed on which type... This block is a mess...

View attachment 138858

View attachment 138857
In the next FracPad update, all MTD parameters are shown, even those doing nothing on the current MTD type... It's way simpler like this

Ok it's the same situation with AxeFx III, because there are tons of new multitap types, and each parameter visibility is tied to the actual MTD type... So it will need hours to list which parameters is displayed on which type... This block is a mess...
You're a brave man :)

It's too bad Fractal doesn't contribute to this product, by for instance providing tables of that info, straight from the horse's mouth.

Back
Top Bottom