Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I'm interested in FracPad for my FM9.

BUT... I am also using FM9's MIDI to change channels on my Mesa Boogie MK VII amp.

Any suggestions for how best to set this up?

I intend to make a cable loom (or looms) with all of my cabling to keep things tidy.

I figured FM9 is on the floor in front of me, so I'd have two longer MIDI cables running to my amp and iPad behind me. And a short MIDI cable to incorporate the USB MIDI adaptor.

Surely it's not that simple, eh?

I know most everyone is running direct these days, but surely there's at least a few people running Fracpad alongside a live MIDI-switchable amp, right?

I'm interested in FracPad for my FM9.

BUT... I am also using FM9's MIDI to change channels on my Mesa Boogie MK VII amp.

Any suggestions for how best to set this up?

I intend to make a cable loom (or looms) with all of my cabling to keep things tidy.

I figured FM9 is on the floor in front of me, so I'd have two longer MIDI cables running to my amp and iPad behind me. And a short MIDI cable to incorporate the USB MIDI adaptor.

Surely it's not that simple, eh?

I know most everyone is running direct these days, but surely there's at least a few people running Fracpad alongside a live MIDI-switchable amp, right?
Hi
You can use fm9's usb for FracPad

Hi
You can use fm9's usb for FracPad

Thanks! I must have gotten myself turned around in my head as I was reading through. I thought I saw a comment earlier indicating that FM9's USB port couldn't support it, and that I needed to run an adaptor through the MIDI ports. But this is great.

So I guess i need to order my adaptor now :)

Thanks! I must have gotten myself turned around in my head as I was reading through. I thought I saw a comment earlier indicating that FM9's USB port couldn't support it, and that I needed to run an adaptor through the MIDI ports. But this is great.

Just to add to this - if you wanted to save the usb connection for a laptop and Axe-Edit - you could use a midi router/interface and to connect the fm9, iPad, and amp all through midi (or use a wireless midi adapter so the iPad can stay untethered.

I’m using a CME Midi 6 and a CME Widi jack to accomplish this (using a Axe3 with a midi foot controller and fracpad )

1704911465864.png

Just to add to this - if you wanted to save the usb connection for a laptop and Axe-Edit - you could use a midi router/interface and to connect the fm9, iPad, and amp all through midi (or use a wireless midi adapter so the iPad can stay untethered.

I’m using a CME Midi 6 and a CME Widi jack to accomplish this (using a Axe3 with a midi foot controller and fracpad )

View attachment 132943

Yeah - that would be excellent. The U6 opens the door for possibly integrating my keyboard setup as well. Thanks for this.

Yeah - that would be excellent. The U6 opens the door for possibly integrating my keyboard setup as well. Thanks for this.
It takes a little brainpower to set it up - but if you're hip to midi, it isn't to bad. The CME also acts as a usb midi interface as well so you could hardwire it to the ipad too

I'm actually running the CME into a focusrite interface into my ipad via midi because I use my ipad for looping/fx/daw so its great to also have frac pad handy (and hardwired)

Then I'm also using a Widi jack so I have wireless control with a second (smaller/older) ipad that's just dedicated to control elsewhere in the studio

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Fm3 usb can't be used
Fm9 usb can be used with a cable, not a yamaha ud-bt01

I want to configure FM9 "Input 1 Gain" in the Custom Screen of Fracpad III but I cannot find this parameter in the list.
Is this parameter available in Custom Screen?
If yes, which parameter name should I look for?

I want to configure FM9 "Input 1 Gain" in the Custom Screen of Fracpad III but I cannot find this parameter in the list.
Is this parameter available in Custom Screen?
If yes, which parameter name should I look for?
Hi
Yes it's possible : it's called "Input1/Instr" and is located in the Setup block
1710165967550.png

when i install fracpad on my phone , i can't listen to music anymore. i can only open music with pad, and that doesen't play me my music. any solutions? has it something to do with permissions i gave to it ?

Hey @AlGrenadine ,
Just wanted to say thank you for FracPad III!
It works perfectly on iPad mini 4 with my AxeFX II XL + (via Yamaha MD BT01).

The tool solved a lot of problem and works just out of the box. Very handy!

Best Regards,
Alexander

Back
Top Bottom