Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I have some questions about FracPad with Axe fx II

1) How is the wireless Bluetooth stability compared to Axe Edit through usb? is it the same or better?
2) is there any latency when switching presets or scenes?
3) do you need to pause FracPad for more stability (like Axe Edit) or is that not necessary?
4) is it stable when using the looper block with MFC (looper mode)? Also when not pausing FracPad? With Axe Edit connected and MFC and using the looper the display of my MFC gets frozen all the time when I use the looper block. Looks like it can't handle the looper operations when Axe Edit is connected. How is that with FracPad?
5) Will FracPad be updated each new FW release?

I am using my laptop with Axe Edit also on live gigs for real time operation and adjustments on the fly. I am trying to find out if FracPad is more stable and better than Axe Edit for that before I buy it.
Hi,
1 : Stability is identical if your iOS device is powerful enough (prefer recent devices)
2 : No latency
3 : No, FracPad does not induce audio glitches
4 : I never tried but i can't see what problems it could cause
5 : Yes

Here is a sneak peek of the upcoming FracPad 1.08 new feature : real amp UI !
1f642.png
:)
Thanks to the wonderful job made by @Nero

17240497_1854117394841068_4513185740099400193_o.jpg

Found a strange behavior in FracPad 1.07 on Windows 7. Connection to my AxeFx is via USB. I'm running a laptop with a second monitor. The laptop screen is the primary and the external monitor is the secondary. When FracPad is on the primary screen, I can click the preset number in the upper left corner of the display and I see a list of all the presets on my XL+. If I move the FracPad display over to the external monitor (my preferred screen, since it's bigger) the preset list no longer displays when I click the preset number. Instead, I get this...there is an X and a circular refresh arrow superimposed on the preset number:

FracPad%20Anomoly.jpg

This behavior is consistent. If I move the FracPad display back to the laptop screen the preset list displays as expected. Any ideas?

Found a strange behavior in FracPad 1.07 on Windows 7. Connection to my AxeFx is via USB. I'm running a laptop with a second monitor. The laptop screen is the primary and the external monitor is the secondary. When FracPad is on the primary screen, I can click the preset number in the upper left corner of the display and I see a list of all the presets on my XL+. If I move the FracPad display over to the external monitor (my preferred screen, since it's bigger) the preset list no longer displays when I click the preset number. Instead, I get this...there is an X and a circular refresh arrow superimposed on the preset number:

FracPad%20Anomoly.jpg

This behavior is consistent. If I move the FracPad display back to the laptop screen the preset list displays as expected. Any ideas?
Thanks, will try to reproduce and fix, i think i have an idea

My apologies if this is a redundant question, but can someone help clarify whether the UD-BT01 will work with Fracpad for Windows on Win10 with the AX8? I know I could have missed it, but I just spent an hour looking and searching various links/threads and can't seem to find a clear answer. I found lots of tangential threads - like the UD doesn't work with apps that don't take advantage of the new Win10 BT implementation (like Ax8-edit), but nothing that clearly says whether Fracpad for Win works. Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks -
RR

Thanks, will try to reproduce and fix, i think i have an idea

To add to my previous post...I've found that if I click and hold on the preset number- much like a long press on a touch screen, it allows me to edit the preset number, regardless of which screen I'm viewing the FracPad GUI in. (Similar to a single click in that same field when using Axe-Edit.)

To add to my previous post...I've found that if I click and hold on the preset number- much like a long press on a touch screen, it allows me to edit the preset number, regardless of which screen I'm viewing the FracPad GUI in. (Similar to a single click in that same field when using Axe-Edit.)
Yes this is intended behavior

I just updated to 7.01 and now when I edit a preset with FracPad everything seems good until I go back and forth to my volume block a couple of times. It causes the AX8 to reboot. Anyone else experiencing this? I am using an iPad Pro.

Thanks in advance!

I just updated to 7.01 and now when I edit a preset with FracPad everything seems good until I go back and forth to my volume block a couple of times. It causes the AX8 to reboot. Anyone else experiencing this? I am using an iPad Pro.

Thanks in advance!
Can't reproduce, please describe the exact steps to reproduce and the connection used. Maybe also share the preset used.
Thanks

Can't reproduce, please describe the exact steps to reproduce and the connection used. Maybe also share the preset used.
Thanks

Alex,
Here is the patch, it is designed for a tube amp and contains no amp or cab block. There are also 4 external modifiers being used to control volume/wah frequency, pan, delay level and wah/comp on and off.

When I would go to the volume block and try to view the already inserted modifiers it would cause the AX8 to reboot and lock up.

Thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

• TimmyRuckus Wah_20170319_153703.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Alex, I did some more expiermenting and the wah block causes the AX8 to reboot and freeze as well. It seems like the common denominator is that both the volume and wah block have modifiers. Everything in FracPad works perfect until I select either the vol or wah and then it crashes the AX8. Hope that helps.

Alex, I did some more expiermenting and the wah block causes the AX8 to reboot and freeze as well. It seems like the common denominator is that both the volume and wah block have modifiers. Everything in FracPad works perfect until I select either the vol or wah and then it crashes the AX8. Hope that helps.
I could reproduce the bug. Now i need to understand why it reboots the AX8 (maybe an AX8 bug, who knows)

If you don't want it to crash for now you can uncheck the "Open selected block" option in FracPad

I really like this App, thanks for a robust, and complete implementation.

I am experiencing random crashes on my iPhone 6-plus, running IOS 10.2, using Roland UM-ONE, or Yamaha MD-BT01. I purchased the full app 1.07, (though I have been running the demo app 1.06 aswell with the same issues). I have been experiencing crashes every minute or so, I believe the root cause is related to something about my iPhone 6 and midi data transfers, but I havent characterized it. The demo app runs without problems on on a collection of other IOS devices iPads without problems, but seems to fail only on my phone (no background apps running, only "midimittr"). I have frequently observed a "short one second pause" after a screen touch, followed by the app closing. The touch can be "turning off/on" "a setting", opening a module from the layout (Amp, Cat etc), or it can crash quietly by itself.

Questions:
1. Are there steps I can take steps to characterize this issue? (can I capture debug info to help determine the root cause )?
2. Is there a way I can reset (default) all midi settings on my iPhone, AxeFx-II, and FracPad to prevent this issue?
3. I am running a collection of music apps, Lemur, Jasuto, Synth Apps, utilities, webmidi (in other browsers), would there be a conflict with these or some other utility apps?
4. I might be able to sniff the midi data stream using a couple of Midi interfaces and Midi-Ox, but the connection / configuration of bidirectional sniffing is challenging and time consuming, would this be the only way to debug this issue ?
5. What is the best way for me to get support ( should I post to this forum, or should I take this offline ) ?

Thanks,
Brett

You can see and copy the log in the about window. Send it by email.
But if it's random crash it's probably because you're running out of memory, so shut down every other app.
You can also try to uninstall and reinstall

Fixed in upcoming 1.08 version

FracPad%20Anomoly.jpg

Fixed in upcoming 1.08 version

Regarding random crashes on iPhone6.

Al advised I am most likely low on physical RAM.
I have experimented with removing apps, and reducing services and other background helpers. I have seen some improvements but not enough to show AMP page. I believe my iPhone6 has 1 gig of RAM, and iPhone6s has 2 gigs. I believe all the other IOS devices I have successfully tried have 2 gigs of RAM. I understand there are related improvements to Fracpad in next release, I will await this release. I will post some tips on freeing RAM once I get it running smoothly. Thanks for your advice.

Regarding random crashes on iPhone6.

Al advised I am most likely low on physical RAM.
I have experimented with removing apps, and reducing services and other background helpers. I have seen some improvements but not enough to show AMP page. I believe my iPhone6 has 1 gig of RAM, and iPhone6s has 2 gigs. I believe all the other IOS devices I have successfully tried have 2 gigs of RAM. I understand there are related improvements to Fracpad in next release, I will await this release. I will post some tips on freeing RAM once I get it running smoothly. Thanks for your advice.
Yes, newly added functionalities had a big impact on ram consumption. However, i'm working on reducing this, i hope it will work

Back
Top Bottom