Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
It's not class compliant but you can access it via USB on Android FracPad version because Google is dev-compliant, not Apple ;)

Not to split hairs here but - http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Digital_audio_(USB,_SPDIF,_AES)
  • The Axe-Fx II is an Audio Class 2.0 compliant device. A class-compliant device requires no drivers. The drivers are provided by the OS manufacturer. Audio Class 2.0 also encompasses MIDI-over-USB.
So no chance at all at using the Camera Kit with the Axe's USB? Don't people use their Axes as Audio Interfaces for their Ipads all the time?

Not trying to be combative here at all, just seeking clarity. Thanks again!

It is not until you use a driver. Apple doesn't allow drivers, so don't buy Apple products, Android version handles the driver and thus works on the axefx usb

I thought AxeFX was class compliant and could possibly work using a camera kit and the USB from the AxeFX. I guess it isn't feasible right now, but that would be pretty cool :) Thanks for your reply!
This is one of the main reason there has never been an Axe Edit for ios devices. Axe requires a driver which you can't load on an iPad

Do you remember ... remember ... remember ... remember ...

Cliff in 2014:

"When you first connect the Axe-Fx to a PC/Mac there is a driver that pushes firmware to the Axe-Fx. The Axe-Fx then disconnects and reconnects as an Audio Class 2.0 device. There is no reason why this can't be extended to iOS. We just need some time and manpower to do it."

Cliff in 2014:

"When you first connect the Axe-Fx to a PC/Mac there is a driver that pushes firmware to the Axe-Fx. The Axe-Fx then disconnects and reconnects as an Audio Class 2.0 device. There is no reason why this can't be extended to iOS. We just need some time and manpower to do it."

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...ort-of-ipad-for-axe-fx-ii.92800/#post-1115267
Effectively it works just like this on the Android version. iOS USB port would need to be accessed directly in order to send this little firmware, Apple forbids that. Maybe it could be done on Jailbroken devices but then fracpad couldn't be on the appstore anymore...

Cliff in 2014:

So at this point, if I go to a gig with just my iPad, it won't work because I need to connect my pc first?

So at this point, if I go to a gig with just my iPad, it won't work because I need to connect my pc first?
It will work if you use the midi ports, either with an usb midi interface, either with a Yamaha Bluetooth one, all of this is explained in the op

It will work if you use the midi ports, either with an usb midi interface, either with a Yamaha Bluetooth one, all of this is explained in the op
Cool. Sorry I have read thru the entire thread and still a bit unclear:
I have iRig midi 1 and iPad2 running iOS 7, any issue there?

I've order the Yamaha interface. Fingers crossed. I'm playing a NFL game (Tampa) then a wedding tomorrow so I probably won't get to testing it out till Monday morning. Thanks all!

Hi Al! I have strange difference - works perfectly on iPhone 6 with AX8, and can't connect on iPad4 - just circling yellow on top and first page with connection options. Do you know what it is?
If I push midi port it shows AX8, I select it and it disappear.

Hi Al! I have strange difference - works perfectly on iPhone 6 with AX8, and can't connect on iPad4 - just circling yellow on top and first page with connection options. Do you know what it is?
If I push midi port it shows AX8, I select it and it disappear.
Sometimes you need to kill the app and launch again. Always connect the ax8 first then launch fracpad.

Do you have other midi ports appearing?

I'm having difficulty installing the application on my Nvidia K1 tablet. I've enabled unknown sources. Tried transferring from my PC as well as downloading directly to the device. I know someone else is using one of these so I just have to be missing a step somewhere. Is anyone able to offer suggestions? Android version is 6.0.1 with July 1 2016 security patch level.

I've tried installing using both chrome and astro file manager. When I try to open in astro I get a message "No applications found for this file type."

I'm having difficulty installing the application on my Nvidia K1 tablet. I've enabled unknown sources. Tried transferring from my PC as well as downloading directly to the device. I know someone else is using one of these so I just have to be missing a step somewhere. Is anyone able to offer suggestions? Android version is 6.0.1 with July 1 2016 security patch level.
What happens when you open the apk?

Back
Top Bottom