Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
FM3 owner here. FracPad noob.
Just purchased the full version and discovered app does not operate over USB. I am trying to understand how the app uploads preset data from the FM3 if not over USB. Comment?

I previously used the MD BT01 for a simple clock sync with Ableton running on my laptop. Sort of worked, but switched to a programmable USB to midihub with better results.

So I have an existing usb midihub and cable connected to the FM3, feeding the midi input of the FM3 With Ableton clock info (BPM).
What midi signal type is the FracPad expecting?

From there I will try to get this working or just switch to the MD BT01….
Any prediction on USB support for the FM3? Seems odd that the other units support this but not the FM3. Imagine my surprise :)

Guidance appreciated.
As mentioned everywhere, including the FracPad lite homescreen, the fm3 is not a usb midi class compliant device, which means you need a usb midi adapter like roland um-one, or yamaha md-bt01 for Bluetooth operating

Just bought this, does it need updating for FW 5.0 for FM3? Keeps crashing. Beta worked fine on the lite version?

also, just curious if it is possible to spread the controls out and enlarge them at all. They all seem to be in the top left hand corner and there is a lot of unused real estate on my iPad (12.9”)

thanks

Just bought this, does it need updating for FW 5.0 for FM3? Keeps crashing. Beta worked fine on the lite version?

also, just curious if it is possible to spread the controls out and enlarge them at all. They all seem to be in the top left hand corner and there is a lot of unused real estate on my iPad (12.9”)

thanks
Hi,
Thanks for your support :)
Yes an update is expected soon for fm3 5.00 and fm9 2.00
You can set the buttons size in settings window
Also check the other settings there, there are a few interesting things to set to your preferences

Hi,
Thanks for your support :)
Yes an update is expected soon for fm3 5.00 and fm9 2.00
You can set the buttons size in settings window
Also check the other settings there, there are a few interesting things to set to your preferences
Thanks @AlGrenadine , only bought it yesterday, when I changed from the WIDI master to the Yamaha MD-BT01. The former impinges on the fm3 power cable and doesn’t plug in straight!
shall have more of a play post update!
thanks

Just played around with the size of the knobs - much better.
Thanks

Another request, or advice if possible. I use perform parameters - mainly global a lot to adjust the USB audio volume etc. I would be great to have a single button access to this form the main screen, rather than having to go to the home page first. Is this possible? If not, having a button next to the compare & revert buttons would be great.
Can you see per-preset performance parameters too? Couldn’t see that option - not a biggie though.
Thanks @AlGrenadine

Just played around with the size of the knobs - much better.
Thanks

Another request, or advice if possible. I use perform parameters - mainly global a lot to adjust the USB audio volume etc. I would be great to have a single button access to this form the main screen, rather than having to go to the home page first. Is this possible? If not, having a button next to the compare & revert buttons would be great.
Can you see per-preset performance parameters too? Couldn’t see that option - not a biggie though.
Thanks @AlGrenadine
Not enough room to put a button on the main page...
Yes preset performance parameters are visible on the performance screen

I have now sent the Yamaha MD-BT01 back and forth to Thomann and also reloaded the firmware of the stick again with an Apple device. After all this was unsuccessful and no connection to the Android tablet could be established, so I uninstalled Fracpad.
Now the friendly Thomanns sends me a new stick in exchange and I did read in a different forum about the battery status has to be above 50% and want to try it one more time.
I bought the full version of fracpad III for android and still have the key.
Where can I please find a download link without paying again?

I have now sent the Yamaha MD-BT01 back and forth to Thomann and also reloaded the firmware of the stick again with an Apple device. After all this was unsuccessful and no connection to the Android tablet could be established, so I uninstalled Fracpad.
Now the friendly Thomanns sends me a new stick in exchange and I did read in a different forum about the battery status has to be above 50% and want to try it one more time.
I bought the full version of fracpad III for android and still have the key.
Where can I please find a download link without paying again?
i'll pm you ;)

Hey all- bought FracPad and have two questions. Connecting my AxeIII with a BT-MD01

1) Why arent presets above 511 showing up?
2) When I click on a preset say #100, it always loads the preset one higher than what i select (#101). Then when i list the presets out, it shows both preset 100 and 101 as the same name.
mk2 extended preset range support added in upcoming release

@AlGrenadine - would it be possible to add a setting in the settings page to be able to select a different, easier to read font? The current font looks neat, but is hard to read because it is condensed quite a bit and bold.

Thanks!

I would just like to say thanks to Alex for developing FracPad, it is an incredible piece of software and well worth the price.
I will add though that after spending 4 hours unplugging and re-plugging, deleting and reinstalling to no avail my daughter realised that the location setting was not on on the new tablet I had just purchased for FracPad and voila everything worked great.
The MIDI-BTLE App for Android devices would not find the Yamaha MD-BT01 wireless adapter without location turned on.
So just be aware that your location must be on on your device.
At least that seemed to be the cause of no connection in my case.
I was using a Samsung Tab A with Android 11 on.

I would just like to say thanks to Alex for developing FracPad, it is an incredible piece of software and well worth the price.
I will add though that after spending 4 hours unplugging and re-plugging, deleting and reinstalling to no avail my daughter realised that the location setting was not on on the new tablet I had just purchased for FracPad and voila everything worked great.
The MIDI-BTLE App for Android devices would not find the Yamaha MD-BT01 wireless adapter without location turned on.
So just be aware that your location must be on on your device.
At least that seemed to be the cause of no connection in my case.
I was using a Samsung Tab A with Android 11 on.
Thanks
Don't use the midi ble app, it's not needed and works poorly... FracPad has a Bluetooth button appearing when a midi ble device is near, just click it and it will connect directly

Thanks
Don't use the midi ble app, it's not needed and works poorly... FracPad has a Bluetooth button appearing when a midi ble device is near, just click it and it will connect directly
Hi Alex
Could you show me a screen shot of where the button is as I cant find it, it just comes up not connecting with a revolving circle.
Cheers
Tim

Hi Alex
Could you show me a screen shot of where the button is as I cant find it, it just comes up not connecting with a revolving circle.
Cheers
Tim
Hi Tim
Enable Bluetooth on your tablet,
It looks like this then in FracPad's connection screen :

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1647805509062.jpg
    FB_IMG_1647805509062.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom