Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
There is a lot of information about the FracPad here and on the wiki, and I am not sure what is up to date, and what is necessary. So just to be clear: I have a iPad Pro with a usb-c port. I can connect directly with a usb-c to usb type A into my Axe-FX III and use the FracPad app? I am not concerned about using bluetooth wireless, I am just unsure about the necessity of a midi controller or a camera adapter (which is for lightning ports, which I do not have on the iPad Pro (3rd generation, 12.9").

There is a lot of information about the FracPad here and on the wiki, and I am not sure what is up to date, and what is necessary. So just to be clear: I have a iPad Pro with a usb-c port. I can connect directly with a usb-c to usb type A into my Axe-FX III and use the FracPad app? I am not concerned about using bluetooth wireless, I am just unsure about the necessity of a midi controller or a camera adapter (which is for lightning ports, which I do not have on the iPad Pro (3rd generation, 12.9").
Yes you can connect it with usb
Be sure to try Fracpad lite for free before ;)

And you would need USB “On the go” cable. also known as USB OTG Just make sure it has the C type. I tested it and it works great.
For 10 us bucks via amazon a package of two.

cant link now, but here is what i got

UGREEN USB C to USB Adapter, 2 Pack Type C 3.0 OTG Cable, USB to Type C Adapter, Thunderbolt 3 to USB Adapter Compatible with MacBook Pro/Air 2020/2018, iPad Pro 2020, Galaxy S20 S20+ and More​

Bought the CME MIDI Master to try with the FM3 - can’t connect the two components together and then into the FM3 as the plug connecting the two parts pushes against the ‘kettle’ plug…..am I doing something wrong here??

Bought the CME MIDI Master to try with the FM3 - can’t connect the two components together and then into the FM3 as the plug connecting the two parts pushes against the ‘kettle’ plug…..am I doing something wrong here??
I don't know, i could connect my widi master successfully, take a picture of what's going on...
But i'm not the cme support ;)

And you would need USB “On the go” cable. also known as USB OTG Just make sure it has the C type. I tested it and it works great.
For 10 us bucks via amazon a package of two.

cant link now, but here is what i got

UGREEN USB C to USB Adapter, 2 Pack Type C 3.0 OTG Cable, USB to Type C Adapter, Thunderbolt 3 to USB Adapter Compatible with MacBook Pro/Air 2020/2018, iPad Pro 2020, Galaxy S20 S20+ and More​

I ordered one of these, just usb type b to usb-c cable if that doesn't work I'll get what you got, I didn't see your post until after ordering. I would think the plain cable would work, but we'll see. 😀

When I click on switches nothing happens. Do I need to configure anything?

Attachments

• B006D79A-C516-4B31-8728-D12B69352497.png
    B006D79A-C516-4B31-8728-D12B69352497.png
    993 KB · Views: 17
Can you adjust global performance settings via FracPad? Wanting to adjust the USB audio volume, as you can’t adjust this from the iPad.
Thanks

Can you adjust global performance settings via FracPad? Wanting to adjust the USB audio volume, as you can’t adjust this from the iPad.
Thanks
Usb audio volume is not a global performance it's a setup parameter.
Yes you can adjust setup parameters and global or preset performance parameters from FracPad

Usb audio volume is not a global performance it's a setup parameter.
Yes you can adjust setup parameters and global or preset performance parameters from FracPad
Thanks, is this only available on the paid app, or on the lite one too? Struggling to get it working! Thanks,

Paid
Lite version only allows access to drive and amp parameters
Note the full version is free on Windows and Mac
Thanks @AlGrenadine That is helpful. Was trying to see the difference between the two versions on the App Store, but it wasn’t obvious to me. Could this be added to the description of the app on the App Store?

Thanks @AlGrenadine That is helpful. Was trying to see the difference between the two versions on the App Store, but it wasn’t obvious to me. Could this be added to the description of the app on the App Store?
No it can't, Apple refuses
FracPad lite is obviously a demo but Apple refuses demo apps

Other apps manage it….eg quatiloop has a free & a paid version on on the free it says functionality is partial, buy the other app for full functionality?

Other apps manage it….eg quatiloop has a free & a paid version on on the free it says functionality is partial, buy the other app for full functionality?
Yes but i had problems with Apple validation and i lost too much time already with them, so it will still like this...

FM3 owner here. FracPad noob.
Just purchased the full version and discovered app does not operate over USB. I am trying to understand how the app uploads preset data from the FM3 if not over USB. Comment?

I previously used the MD BT01 for a simple clock sync with Ableton running on my laptop. Sort of worked, but switched to a programmable USB to midihub with better results.

So I have an existing usb midihub and cable connected to the FM3, feeding the midi input of the FM3 With Ableton clock info (BPM).
What midi signal type is the FracPad expecting?

From there I will try to get this working or just switch to the MD BT01….
Any prediction on USB support for the FM3? Seems odd that the other units support this but not the FM3. Imagine my surprise :)

Guidance appreciated.

Additional info: I have the usb to midi hub plugged in to my iPad using the OTG cable. Is it safe to assume this setup will not work with the FM3?

Back
Top Bottom