Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Looks like I may have hit a cutoff. My old iPad that I used for this won't go higher than 10.3.3 and FracPad appears to have stopped updating. It's stuck on 3.17. Worked fine up until recently and MidiMittr still connects fine, but appears to have gone south around the time of one of the later firmware updates on my Axe III. Checked the log and all I see is
sending who am i
not connected.

Confirmation that it's just past the shelf life?

Hi, it should still work even if updates are available for iOS versions <11.
There must be an app stealing the ax8 midi port connection.
Try to reboot ax8 and iPad

This could actually make sense as I was using the Melodics app with the same Bluetooth midi adapter. Will try it out

Just saw this - got busy and hadn't had a chance to update. As it turned out, all I did was unplug the BT01 and then plug it back in again. Reconnected, fired it up, and showtime.

But it still appears I'm stuck on 3.17. Assume there's an update dependency that's gonna keep me stuck there? Not a big deal since I just use it for quick tweaks if I'm out and about. But if I've got something else to run down would be good to confirm.

Just saw this - got busy and hadn't had a chance to update. As it turned out, all I did was unplug the BT01 and then plug it back in again. Reconnected, fired it up, and showtime.

But it still appears I'm stuck on 3.17. Assume there's an update dependency that's gonna keep me stuck there? Not a big deal since I just use it for quick tweaks if I'm out and about. But if I've got something else to run down would be good to confirm.
For the 3.17 stuck, it's Apple 's decision : force devs to produce apps for 64 bits only devices

... i'm at the hospital right now ..
Hi Al, just read your post.
My best wishes to you and a happy return home, hopefully soon.
And I'm quite certain all the community joins in to the best wishes .... :balloon:
As we say in German: "Halt' die Ohren steif." - "Keep your ears stiff." (yes, just like my avatar) ;)

Last edited:
Hi Al, just read your post.
My best wishes to you and a happy return home, hopefully soon.
And I'm quite certain all the community joins in to the best wishes .... :balloon:
As we say in German: "Halt' die Ohren steif." - "Keep your ears stiff." (yes, just like my atavar) ;)
Thanks mate, such kind words go directly to my heart
I just got home today, hopefully for enough time to recover health.

I won't be able to work for at least few days though

Cheers all the fractal family

Shake that shit, Brother Al! Rest, recover, and find your strength. We’ll be happy playing with the toys you’ve already given us. :)

Hi guys
Just wondering as it seems to be difficult to get the Roland UM One for the Fm3 to connect to fracpad
Is there a reliable alternative?
Thx

Ah, worrying news. Hope you're alright!

Back
Top Bottom