Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Yup, what should I set it to? By default it's set to MTP (media transfer protocol) any time I turn on the tablet.

PS: anyway that setting doesn't seem to affect other midi devices, they work regardless
Dunno...
What does the fracpad log say?

Here is the log with the axe fx connected (the last line gets repeated a lot of times after that)
Screenshot_20191122-131817.png

Here, for reference, the log with another midi device connected
Screenshot_20191122-131217.png

Here is the log with the axe fx connected (the last line gets repeated a lot of times after that)
View attachment 60393

Here, for reference, the log with another midi device connected
View attachment 60392

I have something like that ..

Try this:
Disconnect the usb cable from the tablet
Start the AxeFXIII
Connect the usb cable
Start FracPadIII

This way the driver is loaded on the device.. well, in my case anyway (S10+ with DEX)

Could work, just try

Regards
Remon

I have something like that ..

Try this:
Disconnect the usb cable from the tablet
Start the AxeFXIII
Connect the usb cable
Start FracPadIII

This way the driver is loaded on the device.. well, in my case anyway (S10+ with DEX)

Could work, just try

Regards
Remon
I'm pretty sure I've already tried that sequence among others, but I'll give it a shot anyway.
Thanks

Hello Alex
I have a question:

I just checked the AxeFx2 connection to FP3. When starting FP3 i get a question to give permission to "Null". After this permission FP3 starts up and works fine.

With the AxeFx3, i allways need to take out the usb cable after starting FP3, because the application cannot see the AxeFx3. This is the moment with the AxeFx2, i would give permission to "null".
After replacing the usb and starting Fp3, the connection with the AxFx3 is made and is working perfectly.

My point/question is: why is this :)
It works, but it is strange behaviour.

Regards
Remon

Hello Alex
I have a question:

I just checked the AxeFx2 connection to FP3. When starting FP3 i get a question to give permission to "Null". After this permission FP3 starts up and works fine.

With the AxeFx3, i allways need to take out the usb cable after starting FP3, because the application cannot see the AxeFx3. This is the moment with the AxeFx2, i would give permission to "null".
After replacing the usb and starting Fp3, the connection with the AxFx3 is made and is working perfectly.

My point/question is: why is this :)
It works, but it is strange behaviour.

Regards
Remon
Absolutely not what happens here so i guess your android os is a bad one, like Samsung 's are...

Also check the log, to see if when you first plug your axefx3 it' s seen

Last edited:
I'm not even joking..the new ad at the bottom of the Fractool app is giving me motion sickness..and I worked on cruise ships for 20 years symptom free...and it doesn't mention fracpad!....( didn't realize I was posting in the fracpad thread meant to put this in the fractool one..but still applies..)

I'm not even joking..the new ad at the bottom of the Fractool app is giving me motion sickness..and I worked on cruise ships for 20 years symptom free...and it doesn't mention fracpad!....( didn't realize I was posting in the fracpad thread meant to put this in the fractool one..but still applies..)
:)
It doesn't have to mention it, the links redirect to the shops ;)
But i'll mention it in next release :)

Absolutely not what happens here so i guess your android os is a bad one, like Samsung 's are...

Also check the log, to see if when you first plug your axefx3 it' s seen

Here is the LOG.... Do you see anything unusual?

Attachments

• 20191126_170040.jpg
    20191126_170040.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 5
Yes there shouldn't be a null midi device, so definitely something wrong on your os. Did you try to reset totally your device?
You mean total reset my Phone or AxeFx3? The axe i can live with, the phone...not so ;)

Same device i used to start FracPad 3 with the AxeFx2 as i am using now with the AxeFx3.. so i guess you mean the AxeFx total reset right? I am on FW 11 btw, but it occured on FW10 allso

You mean total reset my Phone or AxeFx3? The axe i can live with, the phone...not so ;)

Same device i used to start FracPad 3 with the AxeFx2 as i am using now with the AxeFx3.. so i guess you mean the AxeFx total reset right? I am on FW 11 btw, but it occured on FW10 allso
No the android total reset.
If it sees the axefx3 as null device itns because it badly supports midi class compliant devices

Back
Top Bottom