Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Fracpad says "Prefer a USB connection if possible" Well, I was trying to make the Mastermind LT and Fracpad on my iPad working at the same time while still using the USB port of the AXEFX3 to be connected to my Mac, but FracPad is not working correctly. I am running right now the following MIDI Configuraton with my Motu Micro Express MIDI Interface.
On the left of the picture is MIDI IN and on the right is MIDI OUT.
MIDI IN 1 AXE MIDI OUT
MIDI OUT 1 AXE MIDI IN

MIDI IN 2 Mastermind MIDI OUT
MIDI OUT 2 Mastermind MIDI IN

MIDI IN 3 Yamaha BT MIDI OUT
MIDI OUT 3 Yamaha BT MIDI IN

Configuration.png
With this configuration I got the Mastermind and the AXEFX3 working in sync with no problems, but Fracpad which is connected via the Yamaha Bluetooth Adapter BT01 seems only to be able to work on the performance page. The other pages are not working. They don't contain any infos, just the blank pages. It's a little bit frustrating if something only works partly, bu not completely. The only thing I can do with Fracpad in the moment is using the Performance Page to control for example the Output Volume or let's say the Delay Mix Level. It seems that Fracpad is not getting any MIDI Data from the AXE, but I have activated the option to poll the preset names when Fracpad starts, and this seems to work. Very strange...

Attachments

• Configuration.png
    Configuration.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 0
Update to my previous post: SUCESS! Now I got it working! I replaced the Yamaha BT 01 on MIDI IN/OUT 3 of the Motu Micro Express with an iRigMIDI2 MIDI Interface. The iRig Interface is connected via Lightning to the iPad and via MIDI DIN to the Motu. Although I still get the warning that I should prefer an USB connection as a matter of fact Fracpad now is getting MIDI IN and MIDI OUT Data. Everything works. I hope that this will be a stable setup for the future because it would be nice to to return to my guitar once in a while... ;-)

Update to my previous post: SUCESS! Now I got it working! I replaced the Yamaha BT 01 on MIDI IN/OUT 3 of the Motu Micro Express with an iRigMIDI2 MIDI Interface. The iRig Interface is connected via Lightning to the iPad and via MIDI DIN to the Motu. Although I still get the warning that I should prefer an USB connection as a matter of fact Fracpad now is getting MIDI IN and MIDI OUT Data. Everything works. I hope that this will be a stable setup for the future because it would be nice to to return to my guitar once in a while... ;-)
Yes, as already mentioned upper, this is a known cosmetic bug only...

Dear AlGrenadine,
thank You for Your great work. My question is: is it possible to manage / sort presets with FracPad? I have a lot of presets and need an easy option to sort the sounds with drag and drop. If yes, how does it function?
Sincerely
Saitenschwinger

Dear AlGrenadine,
thank You for Your great work. My question is: is it possible to manage / sort presets with FracPad? I have a lot of presets and need an easy option to sort the sounds with drag and drop. If yes, how does it function?
Sincerely
Saitenschwinger
Hi,
No it's not

:cry:. Do You have an idea? I ask because with Axe-Edit 3 für Axe-FX II & III in opposition to Axe Edit III for the Axe-FX (Ultra) it is not possible anymore to sort presets in a reasonable way, because there is no possibility to insert sounds between others or to move presets or preset groups to another position, when this is not totally free of sounds. All this is combined with a handshake, that needs seconds per preset. So one operation has needed one second with Axe Edit III now needs up to 15 minutes with Axe Edit 3. As a result sorting of a sound library of 300 presets now needs not a few minutes, it needs weeks.

Last edited:
:cry:. Do You have an idea? I ask because with Axe-Edit 3 für Axe-FX II & III in opposition to Axe Edit III for the Axe-FX (Ultra) it is not possible anymore to sort presets in a reasonable way, because there is no possibility to insert sounds between others or to move presets or preset groups to another position, when this is not totally free of sounds. All this is combined with a handshake, that needs a lot of seconds per preset. So one operation has needed one second with Axe Edit III now needs up to 15 minutes with Axe Edit 3. As a result sorting of a sound library of 300 presets now needs not a few minutes, it needs weeks.
That's the only way... Or export the whole preset bank and sort it in FracTool then import it again.
But is risky

Hi @AlGrenadine , some months ago I received as a gift a cheap android tablet, a few days ago I downloaded fracpad demo to try it out before purchase but that tablet doesn't want to recognize the axe fx III as a midi interface.
It runs android 7 so it supports usb otg, I also verified with pen drives and a couple other midi class compliant devices, all work perfectly except the damn axe fx.
And the axe fx works on every smartphone in my home except that damn tablet.

Any idea on what could be causing this issue?

PS: I also tried other usb otg cables with no success

Hi @AlGrenadine , some months ago I received as a gift a cheap android tablet, a few days ago I downloaded fracpad demo to try it out before purchase but that tablet doesn't want to recognize the axe fx III as a midi interface.
It runs android 7 so it supports usb otg, I also verified with pen drives and a couple other midi class compliant devices, all work perfectly except the damn axe fx.
And the axe fx works on every smartphone in my home except that damn tablet.

Any idea on what could be causing this issue?

PS: I also tried other usb otg cables with no success
If it's a cheap device they may not have included midi...

Nope, it just appeared once for a few seconds and then disappeared.

I thought maybe the problem could be the usb port of the tablet not supplying enough power?
It doesn't have to supply power...
Then the usb adapter or the usb cable is culprit

It doesn't have to supply power...
Then the usb adapter or the usb cable is culprit
I tried 3 different cables as well as 3 different usb otg adaptor, that's why I think the issue might reside in the usb port of the tablet.. that's the only logical explanation that comes to mind.
Maybe I'd better just sell this rubbish tablet and get a better one.
Thanks anyway for your help 😉

I tried 3 different cables as well as 3 different usb otg adaptor, that's why I think the issue might reside in the usb port of the tablet.. that's the only logical explanation that comes to mind.
Maybe I'd better just sell this rubbish tablet and get a better one.
Thanks anyway for your help 😉
Some android versions (mine does) require you to activate otg mode in settings

Some android versions (mine does) require you to activate otg mode in settings
Not mine, it detects other devices as soon as they're plugged in. I went thru all the settings and the only option relative to the usb is "USB configuration" under developer's settings and I set that to "midi", but still no luck.
I give up

Last edited:
Not mine, it detects other devices as soon as they're plugged in. I went thru all the settings and the only option relative to the usb is "USB configuration" under developer's settings and I set that to "midi", but still no luck.
I give up
Don't set it to midi

You're trying to connect an axefx 3, right?

Back
Top Bottom