Forum User-FAQ section

What happened to the forum search function?
Well, I suspect it generally falls into one of two camps. Some people don’t have the “time” or patience to search through the search (or google), and then others don’t see the answer within the first few pages/entries of results and just ask the question... there’s probably even a “third kind” that’s “a little of column A, and a little of column B”. I mean, call me crazy, but I don’t think any of the possibilities is really an indictment of any one as a person :)

The Axe FX III WIKI more than takes care of most FAQ. I still use it often.
That was my point, seemed to blow by everyone though. A FAQ would be redundant, IMHO. The Wiki is well maintained and new info keeps getting added all the time and as Yek states people are still going to post.

Speaking of which, anyone got any recommendations for headphones?

That was my point, seemed to blow by everyone though. A FAQ would be redundant, IMHO. The Wiki is well maintained and new info keeps getting added all the time and as Yek states people are still going to post.
I tend to favor improving the wiki over all other things since it's a good medium for canonical information. There's room for an FAQ style page on it though. One that tries to tackle the common questions in one place. And now it exists! Modern times!

@iaresee I thought the Wiki was exclusively for @yek to edit - no joke lol!
Heck no! We've tried to remind people that anyone can make an account and contribute! @yek just does the lion's share of the work there -- he's very good about organizing and cataloging all the canonical information. We ask that you try and follow style standards when contributing, but thus far those are pretty light. It would be AMAZING to have more people contributing to the wiki.

For anyone skimming:

ANYONE CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE WIKI! IT'S A COMMUNITY RESOURCE! COME ONE, COME ALL!

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't recall that as a f.a.q., but if it is, it can be added of course.

Almost everything is already covered extensively in the wiki (and manuals). The FAQ isn't a knowledge base, we have that already.

Still sucks. When I need to do serious forum search, I use Google or DuckDuckGo.

Seriously: Why does it suck? I’ve used other forums where the search is an effective tool. Curious.

What? It's all backed by ElasticSearch. That might not be Google-good, but it should be pretty damn good.

What kind of searches are causing you problems?

I’ve had issues with quoted phrases. Everything gets ORed together. And sometimes I get “no results” on strings I’ve seen in posts.

Yeah, I have no issues with Search either. Use 3 characters at minimum, use an asterisk when needed, uses quotes when needed, and always check the search parameters. Only the limit to 20 pages is annoying.

Back
Top Bottom