Forum User-FAQ section

If you can give me some specific examples I can try to help. Quoted strings are working well for me. This gave me exactly one result, as I'd expect: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/search/33455641/?q="What+happened+to+the+forum+search+function"+"still+sucks"&o=date
Okay, I just tried quoted strings and had much better luck with it than I remembered. Maybe I just hadn't tried it in a while. Some of my recollection may go back to pre-XenForo days, when searches could be frustrating indeed.

Okay, I just tried quoted strings and had much better luck with it than I remembered. Maybe I just hadn't tried it in a while. Some of my recollection may go back to pre-XenForo days, when searches could be frustrating indeed.
Great! I want to say we went ElasticSearch ~2 years ago now? Thereabouts, for sure. Around the time we cut to XenForo from whatever we were running before.

I have a question that I don't see too often. I assume it has to do with licensing but why are presets not given their real name? For example "Angle Severe 1" is an Engl savage amp. It's the same way in Grand Theft Auto they aren't allowed to use the real car names. These "similar but not real" names really bug the crap out of me. I can simply go into Axe edit and change the names to the real thing myself can't I?

Back
Top Bottom