For those who aren't totally satisfied with euro uber

I've never played a "real" Uber, I've always played Mesa's.... but the patch I created with the Uber KICKS SERIOUS A$$ !!!! I hope if does NOT change... maybe introduce a 2nd variation...just like there are multiple variations of the Mk4, Recto, etc...

flyingfadr said:
I've never played a "real" Uber, I've always played Mesa's.... but the patch I created with the Uber KICKS SERIOUS A$$ !!!! I hope if does NOT change... maybe introduce a 2nd variation...just like there are multiple variations of the Mk4, Recto, etc...

You will just have to recreate it if Cliff updates the Uber. We can't keep every old version when it gets updated, it doesn't work that way. The different Mesas not updates of each other, they're different models like the old 2CH Recto and the new 3CH, the 3 channels of a MKIV and 3 different modes from the Triaxis.

Well I certainly hope we get a new uber. I'm gonna send him a powerball schem and a fryette schem too. I'm looking for a local diezel to reverse engineer, but... oh well, I have no money and I live in Toronto :roll:

I seriously would have sent Cliff my Fryette Ultra-Lead before I sold it to fund the axe if I would have known how open he was to this sort of thing. Very awesome indeed.

This thread is full of win.

That really is a shame you sold that fryette cause I'm actually looking for someone who'll let me borrow amps like fryette/diezel/engl etc to reverse engineer or at least take gut pictures - part of the uber schem i did from pictures which was a bitch but oh well :p

anyways yeah this is awesome

Cliff and OP!

You are such cool "nerds"... I LIKE IT ALOT!!! I´m a nerd myself, but unfortunately not anywhere close to your engineering level (whether if it´s normal or reverse engineering)... wish I were though. I like the über as it is now but never played one IRL, if it gets improved (more accurate) then I´m even more happy!

@Cliff, IF and I say it again: IF there is anything that I (or anyone else) can help you with (trying to locate information or whatever). I certainly hope that you´ll at least consider to ask, despite the "not-so-fun-vibes" that have been on some certain threads in this forum lately. I don´t believe that I´ll be able to help you very much, BUT I certainly will try my best!!!

From the bottom of my heart: thank you for a wonderful product that keeps getting better and better. And THANK YOU for your outstanding support and customer communication!!!

/Mike

hsnyder said:
That really is a shame you sold that fryette cause I'm actually looking for someone who'll let me borrow amps like fryette/diezel/engl etc to reverse engineer or at least take gut pictures - part of the uber schem i did from pictures which was a bitch but oh well :p

anyways yeah this is awesome

I'll give you all the gut pictures you want of a Bogner Shiva :D

why don't you start a separate thread specifically requesting gut shots of whatever amps? Pick the right subject title and you're sure to get more views and responses

Here's how to make the current Uber model closer:

Reduce the Depth to zero.
Add a filter block after the amp. Set type to peaking, freq to 140 Hz, Q to 1.0, Gain to 12 dB

Cliff and OP!

You are such cool "nerds"... I LIKE IT ALOT!!! I´m a nerd myself, but unfortunately not anywhere close to your engineering level (whether if it´s normal or reverse engineering)... wish I were though. I like the über as it is now but never played one IRL, if it gets improved (more accurate) then I´m even more happy!

Thanks man :D, to be honest I don't consider myself to be a highly skilled engineer, i'm 19 years old :p. But I love amps. If I could make a career out of music electronics I'd die happy. I guess its just dedication, not actual skill.

I'll give you all the gut pictures you want of a Bogner Shiva :D
Dunno if cliff is interested in the shiva, but feel free to PM me and we can talk about gut shots.

why don't you start a separate thread specifically requesting gut shots of whatever amps? Pick the right subject title and you're sure to get more views and responses

You know what, thats actually a really good idea. I dont know though, cause cliff might not necessarily be interested in doing models of all of these amps... maybe i'll do it anyways. the other thing is its really not fun to do it from pictures... local people would be better. but i guess its better than nothing if we get something like a diezel. actually i have some diezel gutshots and it doesnt even help cause the board is double sided. :p.

Here's how to make the current Uber model closer:

Reduce the Depth to zero.
Add a filter block after the amp. Set type to peaking, freq to 140 Hz, Q to 1.0, Gain to 12 dB

Yup that fixes up the low end. Playing around with a little higher Q and little less gain gives good results too.

i just sent cliff a krankenstein schematic... if anybody cares. lol. sadly i think i'm the only one who likes that amp.

i believe if "KranK" had a more sophisticated name and a less stupid looking logo they'd probably be taken more seriously because their amps... well.. they crank! no worse than rectos or 5150s really.

Krank really hurt themselves with their marketing campaign. Lots of unsavory stuff went on.

Yeah. Though just from their name I was so turned off I didn't even get to reading anything about the marketing campaign. Then I heard Amon Amarth's Twilight of the Thunder God album... and now I respect them.

hsnyder said:
i just sent cliff a krankenstein schematic... if anybody cares. lol. sadly i think i'm the only one who likes that amp.
When I tried one, I really liked the kind of raw, even grating aggression of it. Wouldn't be my main sound, but I certainly wouldn't mind having it readily available in the Axe.

Might be that I could tweak my way there already, but I haven't even tried because on the other hand I haven't yet needed that sound.

Back
Top Bottom