Football/Soccer - Your bets here ;)

Haha, yes, a much more apt name for american football, from a geometrical and physical viewpoint, would be handegg, but that expression has a much too gastronomic vibe to it :D

Watching the Germans play, I always get the impression that their playing style is militaristic. Against Ghana, Jogi sent in Klose and Schweinsteiger and what these guys did soon after joining the game invoked an image of a precise airstrike in me. I guess I'm too sleep deprived :)

With that being said, I still think that either Germany or France will make it, though the French seem to be at a slight advantage due to their current form. Allez, les bleus! / Auf geht's, Deutschland!

But to be perfectly honest, I also hope that the Netherlanders win it this time around. They did a great finals game against Spain in South Africa and their perseverance just has to pay off.

Germany vs. USA today!

izroyr.jpg

Thoughts on Robben yek..? Or should I say, "marks for artistic impression..?"
wink.gif

Awesome player, but does exaggerate the theatricals.

Still, at least players aren't going to get eaten alive by him... just served on toast!

The penalty was disputable. But he already earned one in the first half without a doubt.

Though happy for you I hate to see such an important game decided on last minute penalty kick on a soft infraction like that. I say let the players decide the game, not the refs.

Regardless, good win for the Netherlands. :encouragement:

Reactions: yek
Though happy for you I hate to see such an important game decided on last minute penalty kick on a soft infraction like that. I say let the players decide the game, not the refs.

Regardless, good win for the Netherlands. :encouragement:
NL won, but didn't play very good. I haven't seen the first half, but from what I saw the Mexicans weren't any better. Conditions in that place weren't that good, I think with that sort of heat, they did the best possible. I'm not disappointed.

The penalty for Robben was justified. Both the other guys were aiming at his feet.

Hoping: Italy (We all knew that they'd be out by the quarter finals anyway)
Betting: Brazil or Netherlands.

Back
Top Bottom