FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

In the end that's not more than a typical supply-demand question: If there is someone willing to pay that amount with questionable quarantee covery, that's ok. It does not mean that anybody else must. That's how our free market economies work.

I've always found G66 to have great customer service. But....i guess they read these threads, and you would of thought they would just add to the thread with some information about possible delivery dates. I guess they're in the dark, in which case, Fractal could add some information....are we in Europe looking at getting unit sometime this year? No-one seems to know, but you would of thought Fractal would have a clue??

I've always found G66 to have great customer service. But....i guess they read these threads, and you would of thought they would just add to the thread with some information about possible delivery dates. I guess they're in the dark, in which case, Fractal could add some information....are we in Europe looking at getting unit sometime this year? No-one seems to know, but you would of thought Fractal would have a clue??
Certainly, if they knew something, they would have signaled it somehow. I have a strange feeling that their Fractal too .... hmm ..... not informing (not to say harder).

Edit:
"Incidentally, prices on the G66 jumped from yesterday to today." - its not true. Sorry. Mea culpa!

Last edited:
Certainly, if they knew something, they would have signaled it somehow. I have a strange feeling that their Fractal too .... hmm ..... not informing (not to say harder).

Incidentally, prices on the G66 jumped from yesterday to today.
I still see the same pricing for the FM3? Note that pricing changes from country to country due to VAT differences. For the FM3 this is a €20,- difference compared tot the default page for Germany

I still see the same pricing for the FM3? Note that pricing changes from country to country due to VAT differences. For the FM3 this is a €20,- difference compared tot the default page for Germany
Of course. I am so sorry for misleading you. And I apologize to the G66 for giving the wrong information. Mea culpa!

Of course. I am so sorry for misleading you. And I apologize to the G66 for giving the wrong information. Mea culpa!
You are not the first, I contacted G66 when I wanted to purchase my FM3 for the exact same reason, I thought that the price increased overnight😳

they would just add to the thread with some information about possible delivery dates. I guess they're in the dark, in which case, Fractal could add some information
I think no one knows at the moment. And both Fractal and G66 are top level customer services. So they don’t want to give false expectations.

If in December Fractal wrote “several months” and that message is still there with a “ first came first get” warning I think it is probably logic to expect in EU later.

I see no reason to hide information except they just don’t have any.

With this global semiconductor shortage I don't think Fractal can give a realistic ETA for FM9, so even less G66, that depends on the number of units that Fractal wants to reserve to the US market. I would love to get a FM9 but I signed the second day (28/08), so probably it wouldn't happen even this year. Not going to worry about it, if I still have the interest and funds I'll buy it, if not there's lot of gear to enjoy.

With this global semiconductor shortage I don't think Fractal can give a realistic ETA for FM9, so even less G66, that depends on the number of units that Fractal wants to reserve to the US market. I would love to get a FM9 but I signed the second day (28/08), so probably it wouldn't happen even this year. Not going to worry about it, if I still have the interest and funds I'll buy it, if not there's lot of gear to enjoy.
I like your approach.
All you need to do is have something that you can play for another year :)

Would be really interesting to know how many people actually are on the waitlist at g66
G66 knows, and it’s a safe bet they won’t tell us. And even if we knew, the information has no value unless we know how many units will be available by when.

We will just have to wait it out, in the mean time I will be enjoying the FM3! I already know I still want the FM9, but the FM3 is great to cover the waiting time.

Last edited:
Not even close to being an accurate prediction of the future for Fractal.
No one knows. Small and medium size manufacturers could be a long way behind the industry in terms of priority so some might not make it. Let's keep our fingers crossed for all the good people at G66 and FAS.

Back
Top Bottom