FM9 Firmware Version 8.00 public beta 2

Presets show as empty because you've saved them all under the current firmware, so any older firmware version will not be able to load them.
Thanks for your reply, and I understand, but..... The bug is with FW8 and the issue for me is not that the presets showed up as emptyin FW7, but I can't level amp blocks anymore in FW8 for certain amps, as well as in the editor as on the FM9 itself. For some amps it works. I will post a thread with the bug?-prefix.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, and I understand, but..... The bug is with FW8 and the issue for me is not that the presets showed up as emptyin FW7, but I can't level amp blocks anymore in FW8 for certain amps, as well as in the editor as on the FM9 itself. For some amps it works. I will post a thread with the bug?-prefix.
Yeah, I was just pointing out why they were showing as empty in case you weren't aware.

I'm not at my gear for about a week so I can't look at your preset.

Yeah, I was just pointing out why they were showing as empty in case you weren't aware.

I'm not at my gear for about a week so I can't look at your preset.
Ah, ok, thanks! I am aware. I made a thread with prefix bug? Whenever you are at your gear and can have a look that would be great. This preset has never had this behaviour before, not during creation and lot's of time afterward. If I need to make a short movieclip I could do that as well. Thanks!

I understand that "beta" means this is more likely, but after a week or so with no problems, I had three freezes on 8.1b last night. Guess I should have upgraded to beta 2, all on one particular preset.

I understand that "beta" means this is more likely, but after a week or so with no problems, I had three freezes on 8.1b last night. Guess I should have upgraded to beta 2, all on one particular preset.
Post the preset, and if you recall any particular actions you were doing before it happened then post those, too.

New firmware sounds great. It switched my class a brilliant amp to a mark series amp though. Every time I try to re-select the class a brilliant 30 amp, it instead pulls up a Mark series. Anyone else having similar issues?

New firmware sounds great. It switched my class a brilliant amp to a mark series amp though. Every time I try to re-select the class a brilliant 30 amp, it instead pulls up a Mark series. Anyone else having similar issues?
Refresh After New Firmware in the editor.

On this preset, running the latest FM9 Edit, and FW8b2, whenever I try to change the reverb on that circled block (channels B - D) it locks up the FM9 and editor. The editor says "Please wait....communicating" at the bottom.

If I disconnect the USB, and try to edit the block ie, go to channel B and try to select a different reverb, the unit freezes. So it would appear that its not a USB or Editor issue.

Attachments

• FM9 Glitch.png
    FM9 Glitch.png
    697.4 KB · Views: 10
  • BE100 FRFR.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
On this preset, running the latest FM9 Edit, and FW8b2, whenever I try to change the reverb on that circled block (channels B - D) it locks up the FM9 and editor. The editor says "Please wait....communicating" at the bottom.

If I disconnect the USB, and try to edit the block ie, go to channel B and try to select a different reverb, the unit freezes. So it would appear that its not a USB or Editor issue.
You are most likely overloading the second CPU where the Reverbs and Delays run.

This came up in another thread recently.

I'll try to find it.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-freezing-with-2-reverbs.206794/#post-2579665

You are most likely overloading the second CPU where the Reverbs and Delays run.

This came up in another thread recently.

I'll try to find it.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-freezing-with-2-reverbs.206794/#post-2579665
Ahh. That’s probably it. Seems like the FM9 should simply grey out the choice so that you can’t select it, if it’s going to lock up the unit. There’s no way to know what will cause a lock up until you try to make another selection, and it’s too late.

Ahh. That’s probably it. Seems like the FM9 should simply grey out the choice so that you can’t select it, if it’s going to lock up the unit. There’s no way to know what will cause a lock up until you try to make another selection, and it’s too late.
There's an additional warning about the other CPU, but it may lock before it shows.

It can't grey out because it doesn't know the CPU use until you activate it...

Gigged this beta last night thru my class D power amp and a Hiwatt 2x12 cab, don't know if it's because of the update or the fact that I had not gigged for quite some time... But I've never enjoyed my tones so much, especially in an outdoor venue with no PA.

After our set another band came in to play a few songs so I lent my rig to one of the guitarists and I had the chance to hear it as a simple listener as well.
They played a few Metallica tunes and my VH4 based preset totally nailed those tones and (unsurprisingly) completely destroyed the other guitarist, which had a similar setup but powered by a Mooer GE200.
This was a quite fun and eye-opening (or maybe ear-opening?) experience.

Post the preset, and if you recall any particular actions you were doing before it happened then post those, too.
Here it is. I read your reply to another above, and wonder if this is because I have two reverbs and a delay. I'm in the process of cutting the second reverbs out of my presets but have only done that for 3 of about 10 presets that I use. The other 6 that have that didn't freeze. It froze as soon as it I chose a scene. Reboot allowed me to get out, and I went to my main preset and just stayed on that the rest of the gig. Thanks for looking at it.

Attachments

• Freeze preset.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Here it is. I read your reply to another above, and wonder if this is because I have two reverbs and a delay. I'm in the process of cutting the second reverbs out of my presets but have only done that for 3 of about 10 presets that I use. The other 6 that have that didn't freeze. It froze as soon as it I chose a scene. Reboot allowed me to get out, and I went to my main preset and just stayed on that the rest of the gig. Thanks for looking at it.
That could definitely be the reason.

Were these presets working fine under previous firmware?

There are no reported changes to the Reverb or Delay, so it seems odd that this would happen suddenly start happening to you and @jetdriver1775 after updating.

Maybe @m_brown can check into it?

I'm away from gear for several more days so I can load your preset.

Back
Top Bottom