FM9 Firmware Version 8.00 public beta 2

@golfnut RANF = Refresh After New Firmware. You do this in the editor and this syncs the hardware and software after a new firmware.

Firmware sounds fabulous! I did notice some boost in volume with some presets, but with some help with the preset levelling tool in the editor (and my own ears) this will be sorted quickly.

@golfnut RANF = Refresh After New Firmware. You do this in the editor and this syncs the hardware and software after a new firmware.

Firmware sounds fabulous! I did notice some boost in volume with some presets, but with some help with the preset levelling tool in the editor (and my own ears) this will be sorted quickly.

I'd love to apply the firmware today but I'm super paranoid that I'll screw it up for my gig tomorrow.

I really like how the amps take drives now. I'd always been a bit embarrassed to say that I couldn't tell many of the drive blocks apart. Sure, I could pick out a fuzz/metal zone/TS but beyond that, I just heard the amp being pushed with a tiny bit of flavor from the drive. Now it seems a lot more apparent that, e.g., the TS really slams the mids, and I can still hear it within the amp's response to it.

I really like how the amps take drives now. I'd always been a bit embarrassed to say that I couldn't tell many of the drive blocks apart. Sure, I could pick out a fuzz/metal zone/TS but beyond that, I just heard the amp being pushed with a tiny bit of flavor from the drive. Now it seems a lot more apparent that, e.g., the TS really slams the mids, and I can still hear it within the amp's response to it.
This is good to hear. Something that always disappointed me was the Timmy model. It didn't seem to bring the magic like the real pedal does. Can't wait to try this.

Downloaded, installed, soft resetting all amp blocks on all presets (ToneControlDisplay = IDEAL), RANF and taking it for a spin this afternoon :cool:
I really need to dig more into the "soft resetting all amp blocks on all presets." I don't know that I've EVER done that with firmware updates on my FM9. Any quick ways to do that?

And I always appreciate the guidance. There is definitely a learning curve but I’ve enjoyed the journey. I’ll just make sure to research the forum before asking questions.
Rebooting the FM9 if an issue shows up after an update usually straighten things out...mine didn't have sound output on first boot after the 5 second wait after update...rebooted and all is good!

I really need to dig more into the "soft resetting all amp blocks on all presets." I don't know that I've EVER done that with firmware updates on my FM9. Any quick ways to do that?
What I do is as follows:

0) Make sure that you have made a backup ;-)
1) Make sure on the FM9 itself you check: Setup -> Global Settings -> ToneControlDisplay = IDEAL
2) In FM9Edit go to Tools -> Manage Presets -> Press CTRL+A to select all presets
3) Click Right Mouse Button
4) Select 'Reset Amp Blocks'
5) Grab a coffee, tea, beer or fine bottle of whiskey and wait patiently for the process to finish
6) Look passionately, with love and respect at your FM9 and start listening to even more glorifying tones.

Hope this helps ;)

What I do is as follows:

0) Make sure that you have made a backup ;-)
1) Make sure on the FM9 itself you check: Setup -> Global Settings -> ToneControlDisplay = IDEAL
2) In FM9Edit go to Tools -> Manage Presets -> Press CTRL+A to select all presets
3) Click Right Mouse Button
4) Select 'Reset Amp Blocks'
5) Grab a coffee, tea, beer or fine bottle of whiskey and wait patiently for the process to finish
6) Look passionately, with love and respect at your FM9 and start listening to even more glorifying tones.

Hope this helps ;)
You know that the release notes mention specifically only 2 amp models requiring a reset, right?

There's no need to reset the Amp block in all presets...

Agree. Drives sound way better when I use them in 4cm with my tube amp beside with my studio monitors. Thanks for the update.

Back
Top Bottom