FM9 Firmware Version 8.00 public beta 2

Gigged this beta last night thru my class D power amp and a Hiwatt 2x12 cab, don't know if it's because of the update or the fact that I had not gigged for quite some time... But I've never enjoyed my tones so much, especially in an outdoor venue with no PA.

After our set another band came in to play a few songs so I lent my rig to one of the guitarists and I had the chance to hear it as a simple listener as well.
They played a few Metallica tunes and my VH4 based preset totally nailed those tones and (unsurprisingly) completely destroyed the other guitarist, which had a similar setup but powered by a Mooer GE200.
This was a quite fun and eye-opening (or maybe ear-opening?) experience.

What poweramp you running?

That could definitely be the reason.

Were these presets working fine under previous firmware?

There are no reported changes to the Reverb or Delay, so it seems odd that this would happen suddenly start happening to you and @jetdriver1775 after updating.

Maybe @m_brown can check into it?

I'm away from gear for several more days so I can load your preset.
It's something that I've never tried before (changing reverbs like this). So it may be an issue that's existed for a long time, not specific to FW8b2.

I realize that the unit can't predict my next move, but it would be nice if it could do something behind the scenes to prevent a lock up when browsing reverbs. It's not a big deal for me, since I'm not gigging anymore, but that would suck to have to reboot at a gig. Not that you'd be browsing reverbs mid song or anything LOL.

That could definitely be the reason.

Were these presets working fine under previous firmware?

There are no reported changes to the Reverb or Delay, so it seems odd that this would happen suddenly start happening to you and @jetdriver1775 after updating.

Maybe @m_brown can check into it?

I'm away from gear for several more days so I can load your preset.
Yes been using the preset with FW6 for months, but recently switched to the Brit Silver from the BEv2

This firmware update is making it really difficult to maintain focus on a bunch of 'update-and-test' preset changes I am pushing out in my presets. The 'test' portion keeps getting longer and longer, because the new stuff sounds sooooo good.... Everything seems to sound better and more 'present' without sounding much different. Pick attack seems to have improved weight and mass while retaining quickness. Jangly things jangle bettter. Really juicy sounds. Makes it really difficult to test stuff for a couple minutes. I find myself losing chunks of time at an alarming rate.... :D

Back
Top Bottom