FM9 Firmware Version 8.00 public beta 1

Seems like you could emulate the MuTron with filter blocks and the envelope follower controller, no?
I actually have a great sounding Mu-Tron using a wah which I think is a better way to go than a filter block, because there are more tone shaping options to make it a little more authentic sounding. I have an actual Mu-Tron III in my rack rig. What I can do in the Fractal pretty close but not quite there yet, and could be a little more "vowel-y". There are other differences that are difficult to articulate without having an actual Mu-Tron from the 70s to compare to, mostly dealing with touch and how the envelope opens/closes. In another thread we learned that a vintage Mu-Tron III was measured, but not coded yet. I'd love to try it out using the control options that exist on an actual Mu-Tron. It might just be an easier way to dial things in.

Do you mind sharing this block preset? I’d love to dissect it.
Happy to! Channel A of this block is the one that's the closest (by far) to my Mu-Tron III. As always with a Mu-Tron effect, it might sound very different for you than it does me, since it is touch and input volume based. The envelope is set up, well, for me!

Attachments

• CJs Mu-Tron III_20240712_121012.blk
    507 bytes · Views: 27
Happy to! Channel A of this block is the one that's the closest (by far) to my Mu-Tron III. As always with a Mu-Tron effect, it might sound very different for you than it does me, since it is touch and input volume based. The envelope is set up, well, for me!
The envelope follower is not part of the block... You might want to also share your Controllers block.

Back
Top Bottom