FM9 Firmware Version 5.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having troubles switching scenes when playing. Have to turn volume off on guitar to make the scene change. Freezing until no input from guitar.

While “stuip” actually is an existing dutch word, its meaning (convulsion) doesn’t quite fit this sentence. It is more likely to be just a typo for “stupid”….😉
Cool, another new word in the paternal ancestral tongue. At some point after the English took over New Amsterdam, our family name was Anglicized (probably so the English could spell it) and we started speaking English....

Having just purchased my first motorcycle I've had a hard time concentrating on pretty much anything else, but today it rained so it was time to really check out this beta. And it is great. Dynacabs simplify things a great deal for me, and be it the novelty or what have you, the sounds I get with them feel more open and pleasing to the ear. Also the Revv models sound fantastic.

Stellar job FAS, once again, and thank you.
You can’t just drop that without telling us what kind of moto you bought!

Question on the version 5.0 firmware. I'm noticing a lot more amp distortion thru the Dyna-Cab, especially with the Two Stone Jet 35 model. Is this expected? Thanks.

Question on the version 5.0 firmware. I'm noticing a lot more amp distortion thru the Dyna-Cab, especially with the Two Stone Jet 35 model. Is this expected? Thanks.
No, that’s not expected at all.

However, if you just pull up a DynaCab, and don’t adjust the mic position at all, you’ll get a dead-center mic that will have a stronger high-frequency response. That could sound like more distortion.

Last edited:
I'm having some issues after installing this beta. I checked all my main presets and everything was working perfectly, but then when I connected the FM9 to my mac to play along with some tracks a couple of scenes that didn't have any problems (75% cpu) suddenly went to 100% and obviously muted the FM9 right away. Once this happened all the scenes in this preset didn't work anymore. And If I disconnect the unit from the computer and do a reboot, everything works normal as usual. It should be something related to this beta because actually I did some tweaks to this presets after I installed it.
I have some important gigs this week so I think I'm gonna go back to the latest firmware just in case.

Potential Bug?: Can someone else confirm if they are able to save preset changes using the A encoder under the display?

Fortunately using the Store / Enter button gave me a way to save on-the-fly edits however I don’t get any response when trying to use the A encoder

I'm having some issues after installing this beta. I checked all my main presets and everything was working perfectly, but then when I connected the FM9 to my mac to play along with some tracks a couple of scenes that didn't have any problems (75% cpu) suddenly went to 100% and obviously muted the FM9 right away. Once this happened all the scenes in this preset didn't work anymore. And If I disconnect the unit from the computer and do a reboot, everything works normal as usual. It should be something related to this beta because actually I did some tweaks to this presets after I installed it.
I have some important gigs this week so I think I'm gonna go back to the latest firmware just in case.
I am experiencing a similar issue to this. A preset hovering around 75%, will randomly freeze up after jumping way higher. It will work fine for a couple hours sometimes, leading me to feel safe. Then it falls over, but not only when connected to USB.

I'd installed the 5b1 yesterday and had no problems. Got up today, read the above couple of issues, turned in on and had massive white noise at out 2 and nothing at out 1. Reboot stopped it but I have a first rehearsal with a new band tomorrow so I've jumped back to 4.01.

QUESTION: does that move from 5.0b1 back to 4.01 remove the DynaCab data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom