FM9 Firmware Version 4.01

I installed the new FM9 Editor last night. Installed the 4.01 FW update with Fractal Bot. Got the screen on the FM9 that said the upload was complete and to shut down, wait 5 minutes and then turn it back on. The display is dark and each of the foot switches are lit with --- in the windows. Any ideas what might have happened?
Its because you waited 5 minutes instead of 5 seconds like it tells us on the screen. I'm kidding, it won't do anything if you wait longer than 5 seconds!

I'm late to the party here, but just updated to 4.01 today and am extremely excited to try a feature that I have been wishing (but never asked) for and that's the bypass/engage fade on the wah. This is so perfect!!
Such a simple thing that really opens some doors in my playing and how I can integrate Wah lead lines into my rhythm parts.
I recently upgraded from my Axe FX 2 to the FM9 and this sort of continual innovation and improvement is what keeps me coming back.
That's my long winded way of saying "Thanks!"

So the original clip led lights works different than the signal clipping warning that is now added in the sense that they won't turn on or off together? Should I now just set up the input clipping using the new feature instead of the old way?

So the original clip led lights works different than the signal clipping warning that is now added in the sense that they won't turn on or off together? Should I now just set up the input clipping using the new feature instead of the old way?
There are no clip LEDs... There are input level LEDs.

Use the new method as it's much more precise and was added specifically for this purpose.

Yes, the clip led turns on at -6dBFS while the clip warning at -0.5dBFS, so if just the led turns on there will only be a tiny bit of analog soft clipping probably, no digital hard clipping.

I'm late to the party here, but just updated to 4.01 today and am extremely excited to try a feature that I have been wishing (but never asked) for and that's the bypass/engage fade on the wah. This is so perfect!!
Such a simple thing that really opens some doors in my playing and how I can integrate Wah lead lines into my rhythm parts.
I recently upgraded from my Axe FX 2 to the FM9 and this sort of continual innovation and improvement is what keeps me coming back.
That's my long winded way of saying "Thanks!"
I'm not familiar with this feature. Did I miss something?

1. Oh sweet. Lotsa cool stuff but super happy to get the larger font display!
2. I'm in with the birthday crew for this gift, albeit today is now four days after my own.
The Majesty does, but even my Silhouette and Albert Lee--which are just wood and wire--clip the input of the FM9.
I wish the Majesty did not have an active preamp. It sounds great, but I'm not a fan of needing batteries on my guitar.

1. Oh sweet. Lotsa cool stuff but super happy to get the larger font display!
2. I'm in with the birthday crew for this gift, albeit today is now four days after my own.

I wish the Majesty did not have an active preamp. It sounds great, but I'm not a fan of needing batteries on my guitar.
Yeah, I understand that. I love the feel of the EBMM guitars, but I have definitely considered "gutting" them of their electronics. I think the Majesty is the only one that requires a battery to operate at all, but I haven't tested the other battery-equipped Balls in the stable to confirm that.

I've noticed that at our last gig, the tuner was wildly jumping around but only on D and G strings. It was pretty weird. At home now, nothing seems unusual with the tuner. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has noticed some strange tuner behavior.

I've noticed that at our last gig, the tuner was wildly jumping around but only on D and G strings. It was pretty weird. At home now, nothing seems unusual with the tuner. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has noticed some strange tuner behavior.
I have not noticed anything different. I one point I was using a Polytune clip on, but I did go back to using the FM9.

I have not noticed anything different. I one point I was using a Polytune clip on, but I did go back to using the FM9.
Not sure where I read this, but the current v. 4.01 tuner has greater tuning stability than previously. Makes for easier tuning, where in previous OS releases, the tuner would jump back and forth erratically.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom