FM9 Firmware Version 2.02

I don't understand why the firmware development of the FM9 unit always has a longer delay than the AXE and FM3, It feel like it's the last unit to have an update. I understand that they sold more FM3 and AXE Units than the FM9 but is the new version and is the units that most people are waiting in order to buy it.

It's only been two months -- I still haven't tried everything that's in the 5(!) pages of release notes for 2.02.

That said, there's some recent enhancements to the III that I hope we get to see soonish....

If I recall correctly, CNFB was first described back in January and was almost immediately available for the III; if that timeline is roughly correct, the FM9 received CNFB about three months after it was first mentioned....and CNFB was just a single line in the ginormous release notes for 2.02. I mention that as an example of just how fast Fractal moves. (Those of us who fled competitors' products are used to far longer timelines for far less.)

Really hoping that updated presets for 2.03 come at the same time.
Updated presets tend to follow major updates that result in a need to give them a polishing. They also can take a lot of work to update, depending on what changed in the firmware, so getting them at the same time isn't likely as the team is generally preoccupied with the firmware; The worst time to be changing the presets is while the firmware is a moving target.

In other words, we'll see what we see.

ketchup-bottle.gif
;)

Back
Top Bottom