FM9 Firmware Version 2.02

IMHO, check your toggle/hold timeout in FC Config. IIRC, anything too short may cause something to switch if you've got a hold feature enabled that might be tied to scenes.
Thank you for the thoughts. I am still on the Fractal defaults for that setting. I was cycling the switch with several seconds in between as it takes a bit of time for the Rotary ramp up/down to occur. I might go in and make increase the time a little from the default setting though and see if that makes any difference.

Thank you for the thoughts. I am still on the Fractal defaults for that setting. I was cycling the switch with several seconds in between as it takes a bit of time for the Rotary ramp up/down to occur. I might go in and make increase the time a little from the default setting though and see if that makes any difference.
Just a thought…
I recently used the rotary and decided to assign the speed to a very slow LFO. So it was ramping up and then down slowly on its own. Totally did the trick haha. It was a nice workaround from having to manually ramp.

Is this a bug or am I missing something simple? When showing switches as: FM9, View 1 | 2 is grayed out. I can still get to View 2 on the FM9 but can’t edit them unless I choose to show as FC-6 or FC-12. Didn’t used to be that way… nearly sure.

AM-JKLXb65-6405yix-5UvtFEFtOM6l2uneDKWQa_3bTXyGG32LuE0sq_ChNE4zEvtfrwXVOr07nEr8XVn1r9Covm3IPOWgClK-s9WuU_N34h3DnBgqKqmKMVMu1Cdj_bW5Ki6EGaqh46L7_3MkWOfkrcYNj=w1170-h717-no

Views break the 12 total buttons into groups to accamodate FM3, FC-6, FM9, and FC-12. For example, I came from FM3 and it allows 4 Views of three buttons each. If you switch to the FC-6 layout mode you can see that you get 2 Views of 6 buttons each. FWIW I got my FM9 Dec, 9th and don't recall it ever being different. Cheers!

Views break the 12 total buttons into groups to accamodate FM3, FC-6, FM9, and FC-12. For example, I came from FM3 and it allows 4 Views of three buttons each. If you switch to the FC-6 layout mode you can see that you get 2 Views of 6 buttons each. FWIW I got my FM9 Dec, 9th and don't recall it ever being different. Cheers!
Thanks. It may have been like that since v1.0 but the FM9 does have a View 2 so this should, also.

On my FM9, the mini display N°6 doesn't display any text, someone else have such an issue ?

I use one amp and change channels in my drive block to get different amounts of gain with scenes. I get a gap switching the drive block channels and I don't on the Axe-FxIII and the FM3. I had to use scene controllers to get around it. Is there a known issue with this? Thanks

I use one amp and change channels in my drive block to get different amounts of gain with scenes. I get a gap switching the drive block channels and I don't on the Axe-FxIII and the FM3. I had to use scene controllers to get around it. Is there a known issue with this? Thanks
I do the same and even use 2 different drive blocks. I don't experience any gaps.

Are you sure you're not changing Amp block channels anywhere?

Yes. I have noticed this. I have an Effects layout with the Rotary tied to a CS (hold = on/off, tap for speed up/down). When tapping every few seconds, sometimes the FM9 will suddenly switch to Scenes layout. I'm wondering if it's that button, the CS override, the Rotary block or some other issue.
I use Hold on my Rotary bypass to increment the channels and switch speeds without any problems.

Share the layout where it's occurring and we can take a look at it.

Not sure if anyone else experienced your layouts switching automatically on you, but this happened to me on 2.01. It seems to not do it anymore after it happens once, and I haven’t experienced it anymore since then; almost like it has to get it out of it’s system haha but I thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced this with this new firmware in case it can get looked at for a future update.
My preset will change randomly... either up one, or down one. I'm afraid to gig live with it.

Is anyone else experiencing popping when using SPDIF and this firmware?

I am using the latest driver for the Focusrite interface I have. The popping seems to always happen when I'm playing, specifically when I restart my FM9. The interface is set as the master and the FM9 is the slave. Both are connected to each other. It's a pretty consistent pop that you would hear when the clock is not synced, except my setup has not changed since I had the FM9. I never had issues until I upgraded to 2.02. The only way to get rid of it is to cycle it from Slave -> Master -> Slave. It's weird. Not sure what's going on here.

On Windows, if that matters.

Is anyone else experiencing popping when using SPDIF and this firmware?

I am using the latest driver for the Focusrite interface I have. The popping seems to always happen when I'm playing, specifically when I restart my FM9. The interface is set as the master and the FM9 is the slave. Both are connected to each other. It's a pretty consistent pop that you would hear when the clock is not synced, except my setup has not changed since I had the FM9. I never had issues until I upgraded to 2.02. The only way to get rid of it is to cycle it from Slave -> Master -> Slave. It's weird. Not sure what's going on here.

On Windows, if that matters.
I have noticed the SPDIF out is rather hot, to the point I need to pad it globally 18dB to get back to nominal 0dB....

Back
Top Bottom