FM9 Firmware Version 2.02

Cab block, two Drives, Pitch block, a Multiband Compressor...
Thanks Rex. I see it haha I’m just saying, my main patch has:

Compressor, volume block, pitch, 2 drives, chorus, 2 amps, 1 cab with 2 UltraRes IR’s, 2 delays and 2 reverbs and several active modifiers and I’m in the low 70% range.

Much more for much less DSP. I’m sure the multiband comp takes a little more but still.

Reactions: Rex
Cab block, ...
The one that surprised me was Room Level parameter in the CAB block - if using Ultra-Res for both Cabs, it adds like 5-6% CPU... I get its another 'reverb' so takes some CPU to work... just need to listen closely to see if you actually even need it.

Last edited:
Is this a bug or am I missing something simple? When showing switches as: FM9, View 1 | 2 is grayed out. I can still get to View 2 on the FM9 but can’t edit them unless I choose to show as FC-6 or FC-12. Didn’t used to be that way… nearly sure.

AM-JKLXb65-6405yix-5UvtFEFtOM6l2uneDKWQa_3bTXyGG32LuE0sq_ChNE4zEvtfrwXVOr07nEr8XVn1r9Covm3IPOWgClK-s9WuU_N34h3DnBgqKqmKMVMu1Cdj_bW5Ki6EGaqh46L7_3MkWOfkrcYNj=w1170-h717-no

Last edited:
Still getting the occasional distorted signal output from the FM9. It hasn't been as bad but has happened twice in the past week.
Last night, Output 1 was significantly lower in volume and had an intermittent crackling. Another issue was Output 2 (going to monitors) started fine and then after a few minutes of music playing through at lowish volume, the output suddenly became distorted and unlistenable.
FM9 reboot fixed the problem both times. I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue or firmware/software related or if there is any way to know.

Forgive me if I mentioned this already, but has anybody experienced an issue where your Layout switches automatically? I’m currently on 2.01 (not sure if this could’ve been addressed on 2.02), but I was playing a service last night, and while hitting the tap tempo, my Layout changed to the Scene Layout, in which when I was tapping caused me to switch scenes 😂 I just hit the scene I needed and held down the current scene button to take me back to my Per Preset Layout that I have, but I’m still having occasional issues where the Layout switches by itself. It seems to happen randomly upon hitting any given button. Not all the time, but every now and then.

Forgive me if I mentioned this already, but has anybody experienced an issue where your Layout switches automatically? I’m currently on 2.01 (not sure if this could’ve been addressed on 2.02), but I was playing a service last night, and while hitting the tap tempo, my Layout changed to the Scene Layout, in which when I was tapping caused me to switch scenes 😂 I just hit the scene I needed and held down the current scene button to take me back to my Per Preset Layout that I have, but I’m still having occasional issues where the Layout switches by itself. It seems to happen randomly upon hitting any given button. Not all the time, but every now and then.
I’ve dealt with that a handful of times since V1.0

Yes. I have noticed this. I have an Effects layout with the Rotary tied to a CS (hold = on/off, tap for speed up/down). When tapping every few seconds, sometimes the FM9 will suddenly switch to Scenes layout. I'm wondering if it's that button, the CS override, the Rotary block or some other issue.

Yes. I have noticed this. I have an Effects layout with the Rotary tied to a CS (hold = on/off, tap for speed up/down). When tapping every few seconds, sometimes the FM9 will suddenly switch to Scenes layout. I'm wondering if it's that button, the CS override, the Rotary block or some other issue.
IMHO, check your toggle/hold timeout in FC Config. IIRC, anything too short may cause something to switch if you've got a hold feature enabled that might be tied to scenes.

Yep. I’ve experienced this ever since I got the FM9. It randomly changes to the scenes layout 2-3 times per show.

Back
Top Bottom